This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Molly Caron: the woman, the myth, the legend. Molly may be a student at Emerson College, but in her last four years here she has become so much more. From being an RA to interning with the Red Sox, this woman can do anything. Just check out the conversation I had with her about her Emerson career.

Her Campus at Emerson: How do you like being an RA?

Molly Caron: It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. This job has really formed me into the person that I am today for the past two and a half years. And I think being an RA has a lot to do with that.

HCE: What do you think is your greatest accomplishment here at Emerson?

MC: I would say getting the purple key award for leadership and academic excellence.

HCE: You have been lucky enough to have great internship opportunities while here at Emerson. How did you like your experience with the Red Sox and how did you land such a great job?

MC: I applied for the job because I knew one of the people who had the position before me, and she thought that I would be a good fit for it. It was definitely the best summer I’ve ever had so far. Since I was an RA over the summer here at Emerson, I got to stay in Boston and I got to work with little Red Sox fans every day. So, it was a lot of fun. I got to see a side of marketing that I knew existed but I didn’t have that much experience in. So I thought that was really cool. Especially since I want to go into either sports marketing or sports PR.

HCE: So you’re currently going for the title of Miss Boston in February. What are you most excited about?

MC: I think I’m just excited to have the chance to represent the city that I’ve called home for the past four years. I’ve held other titles that have been super important to me, but I think that this one is a little bit different because this is the city that I have identified with my whole life. I’ve lived here the past four years, made great relationships with people that I care a lot about. And I think it would be a blast to represent a city. This city.

HCE: What was your favorite national anthem experience in Boston?

MC: Celtics are the only team left. I actually sang at the Revolution twice and sang the Canadian national anthem. My favorite was for the Red Sox in Fenway Park because I worked there over the summer and it was during our Red Sox nation day, which is like the branch of marketing that I work for. So it was really cool. I got to talk to people coming in. Plus I love the Red Sox. But my most memorable was the first time I sang the national anthem at Gillette Stadium for the Revolution on their senior soccer night and for the first time in Gillette Stadium history the microphone went out in the middle of my singing. And it was on YouTube. You can look it up. But everyone kind of thought I forgot the words because the fire alarm was going off so it messed with the sound system so my microphone went out in like the second line. It was really nice though because then the entire stadium of 25,000 people starting singing. So it made the news and stuff. I was like hey, that was me.

I am a Writing, literature, and Publishing Major. I love Netflix, food, and sleep. College lets me experience all 3 of my favorite things simultaneously.
Emerson contributor