Meet the HCE Staff: Campus Cutie Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Get to know the HCE staff in this special Valentines Day edition of our campus cuties! Check back through Valentines Day to meet the rest of our staff.

Name: Andrea Zendejas

Major: Marketing Communications

Hometown: I grew up in a border city with the US, the cities are Matamoros,Tamaulipas, Mexico and Brownsville, Texas, so I consider both my hometown. I went to school in Texas and lived in both Mexico and Texas

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Hobbies: Sketching, Drawing, and Cooking

Favorite place in the world: This is a hard one, Paris

What your guilty pleasure: CHOCOLATE!

Favorite season: Summer

Favorite place in Boston: Beacon Hill

Class of: 2014

Whats your pet peeve: Screeching noises

Athlete or artist: Hard one, but Artist

Name: Megan Shuffleton

Major/Minor: Marketing Communication (with a concentration in public relations)

Year: Freshman

Activities you are involved with on campus: PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), AMA (American Marketing Association), Emerson Athletics, and of course, Her Campus Emerson!

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Hobbies: Traveling, movie going, and sleeping.

List three fun facts about yourself: I’ve driven across the country twice, I’ve never eaten a pickle, and Tina Fey is my hero.

What is your opinion of Valentine’s Day? Are you totally into it or do you think it is just a consumer holiday? I think people make a bigger deal out of Valentine’s Day than it really is, whether they love it or hate it. I think it should just be a day to celebrate love for family, friends, significant others, etc. Unfortunately people have overdone it consumer-wise and bitterness-wise.

Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day date. I’m pretty versatile, but Chinese takeout, a movie, and cozy blankets sound good to me! And flowers. Flowers are always nice.

What are you most attracted to in a person? I’m really attracted to people who are genuinely kind and interested. I’m not really into the whole hard-to-get schpiel – I like guys who aren’t afraid to show that they care about you or want to spend time with you. 

What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? “How I Beat Shaq” by Aaron Carter

What has been your best memory at Emerson so far? It’s hard to choose just one! I have a lot of great memories with my suitemates. Like traveling to New York with them, going out for dinners, and just hanging out in the room. One time we bought $30 worth of cheese and had a cheese party – that was interesting.

Name: Cassidy Hopkins

Year: Freshman

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Napa, California

Relationship Status: Single

Where do you see yourself in 5 years: Working at a magazine in New York City — anywhere from Vanity Fair to National Geographic or Seventeen. 

Favorite Movie or TV Show: My favorite TV shows are Once Upon a Time and Psych!

What’s your ideal date: Something pretty cliche and simple like dinner and a movie. 

Celebrity Crush: Nick Jonas… or young Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

Three words your friends would use to describe you: I asked three of my friends and they said, “Bubbly, Sassy, and Girly!” I suppose that’s pretty accurate

Name: Ameara Harb

Year: Sophomore

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Wilbraham, MA

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Emerson memory thus far: That’s a tough one. Most of my favorite Emerson memories occur on the weekends, on the T, with the crazy inhabitants of Boston.

Dream job: Public Relations for Disney. Or anything at Disney really. I could be a janitor at Disney and be happy because it’s my absolute favorite place in the world.

Three words to describe yourself: The first word I always use is princess, which probably sounds pretentious or weird, but my name means princess in Arabic so it’s fitting. Also, honest. And I like to think I’m funny.

What do you never leave home without?: Red Bull Total Zero. My phone. I’m one of those girls who is emotionally attached to her iPhone. And also, some type of chocolate. I never know when I’m going to need a chocolate fix.

Favorite pick-up line: Are you from Tennessee? ‘cuz your the only ten I see. (mostly cause it’s super corny and makes me laugh)

Describe your ideal Saturday: Sleeping in. Getting brunch. Wandering around Boston with my friends. Dinner in the North End, then heading out to a concert or a party or something fun!
What three websites do you visit the most?: Etsy, Hulu, Tumblr

Name: Hannah Try

Year: 2013

Major: Writing for Film and TV

Hometown: Lansdale, PA

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Star sign: Gemini

Three things on your bucket list: Definitely go to the mall of America, go to a Beyonce concert, and lastly be on the writing staff of a TV show.

Celebrity crush: I don’t think have enough space to write them all down. But Ryan Gosling totally makes the top 10.

Favorite TV show: Well my guilty pleasure show is Beverly Hills Housewives, my favorite drama is The Walking Dead, and my favorite comedy is Parks and Rec.

Biggest turnoff: If they smell bad.

The first thing you notice about a guy: Bone structure.

A unique fact about yourself: I have a pug and she’s my favorite thing. 

Name: Alicia Lazzaro

Year and Major: Magazine Studies, Junior

Relationship status: In a relationship

Hometown: Worcester, MA

What is your all-time favorite movie? I dislike this question because it is so hard for me to choose only one. But, a few favorites are Inception, Memento, Avatar and The Matrix trilogy.

What would be your ideal date? My ideal date is the perfect combination of romance and fun. It would start out with a nice dinner, doesn’t have to be anything fancy, as long as it involves delicious food and great conversation. Then, we would go do something like mini-golf, bowling, or pool, an activity that is fun but also allows for us to still get to know each other!

What 3 things would someone have to put in a trap as bait to guarantee to catch you? Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, Rupert Grint, and a gift certificate for free tattoos for the artist of my choice.

What’s the first thing you notice about a guy? I identify as bisexual, so the first thing that attracts me to a person is their smile. I love a radiant smile, but what keeps me interested is a sense of humor similar to mine and intelligence, especially the ability to hold a conversation.Who was your first celebrity crush? I think my first celebrity crush had to have been all of the Backstreet Boy’s. If I remember correctly, I was particularly fond of Nick. They were my first ever concert, and I was in heaven.

What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? “The Emo Song” by Adam & Andrew. I’m not ashamed.What is the farthest place you’ve traveled from home? I unfortunately have never been out of the country, so the farthest place I’ve traveled to is Maine.

Are you generally pro-Valentine’s Day or anti-Valentine’s Day? I am generally anti-Valentine’s Day, even when I am in a relationship because I think it is completely a consumer holiday. Why can’t I shower my significant other with love and affection every day? That’s how every day should be, not just on February 14.

Name: Corey Catanese

Major: Marketing Communications, minor in Publishing

Year: December 2013

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Basking Ridge, NJ

Hobbies: Cooking, I love TV, shopping, hanging out with friends, my roommate and our cat, traveling, reading

What are your feelings about Valentines Day: It’s really not that bad as long as you’re surrounded by people you love to spend time with. I’m celebrating a friend’s 21st this year, so I’m going to be having a really good time, but as long as you don’t spend the day alone I think you’re doing pretty well with your life.

Best memory at Emerson so far: The castle; there are too many moments there to choose one, so basically the entire time I spent there would constitute as my best experience at Emerson.

Ideal date: My ideal date would be a really nice restaurant, some good drinks, and a fun conversation.

Three things on your bucket list: Travel to every continent, Write for Vanity Fair, Live in London

Name: Kelly Roderick

Hometown: San Francisco Bay Area (a small town named San Ramon)

Major: Writing for Film and TV major and a Science minor.

Activities: President of Thread Anthology, Emerson’s only script anthology (pick up a copy. Coming out in April!) and she works on shows for EIV, currently she is the co-head writer for The Dish, and her interests are TV, movies and more TV!

You’re a VMA student.. what is your favorite love movie/vday themed movie? My favorite love-themed movie is “Big Fish.” I know that may seem strange because it’s not technically a love-themed movie, but I just love the romance between Edward and Sandra. It’s my favorite movie romance of all time. Every time I see daffodils I think of them. The film might come off as a bit strange, but it really is quite romantic.

What is your perfect date night? Perfect date night is a no-brainer: a movie night in. Pizza and a good movie? I’m always up for that.

What qualities are most important to you in a boyfriend? A good sense of humor, good taste, humble, open-minded.

Any personal stories about really good or really bad dates? You caught me, I have no good dating stories! Though, the best date I’ve ever seen was the two-minute date Ted came up with on “How I Met Your Mother.” Creativity counts for a lot.

Name: Allison Rand

Single: Depends on who’s asking. ;)

Year and Major: Writing for Film and Television, Class of 2016

If you were an animal what would you be: I would probably be a sloth, since pretty much all I do is eat and lay around.

What is your favorite part of being in Boston: Since I’m from the midwest, the fact that Boston is right on the water kind of blows my mind. I think it’s incredibly cool that I can just walk to ocean whenever I want, when before I would literally have to be on a plane for five hours before seeing a beach.

What is your dream date: I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so I think my ideal date would be spending a day at an amusement park. Either that, or something outdoorsy like hiking or ziplining.

What is your favorite candy: I have quite the weakness for dark chocolate.

What is your favorite quote: Like a lot of people, I grew up reading the Harry Potter books, so my favorite quote is from JK Rowling: “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” Harry Potter was such a huge influence on my life that that quote gives me chills every time I hear it.

Do you believe in ghosts: Maybe it’s boring, but no, I don’t believe in ghosts. The Loch Ness Monster, however, is a different story.

Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop