This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

College Fashion Week lit up Boston’s Revere Hotel with a vibrant mix of booming pop music, female empowerment, and tons of selfie backdrops (and accompanying ring lights). Of course, the main event centered around 2018 fall fashion with shows featuring pieces from Primark, Matter, Ali & Ariel, and more. If you want to know what the university “it-girl” is going to be wearing this fall, read on.  

Show 1: Modern Nomad featuring Primark

The first show featured gorgeous warm-toned pieces like chocolate browns, golden yellows and burnt oranges. Fluffy outerwear like faux fur coats, teddy bear jackets, and jackets with shaggy trim made their way down the runway, the perfect mix of comfortable and chic. Belted dresses were another recurring look and definitely one I can’t wait to try out myself. Lastly, fall fashion staples like oversized scarves and cute berets and head-wear spiced up the outfits. In summation, “Modern Nomad” offered us cute ways to style this fall’s trendiest clothes.  

Show 2: Printed Paradise featuring Matter 

This show was so vibrant and fun— I absolutely adored it. The looks featured basic tops paired with statement print pants. The pants were primarily high-waisted and somewhat architectural in their construction, while the prints were heavily inspired by triangles and mimicked what one would see inside a kaleidoscope. 

Show 3: Power Pose featuring Ali & Ariel, hcxo, Feminist Goods, Sleep Riot, and Primark

The shows ended strong with the “Power Pose” collection, featuring different clothing companies focused on female empowerment. Girl power threaded the show together with colorful slogan t-shirts, fun graphic prints, punchy red jackets, pink puffers, glossy satin looks, and an awesome rainbow jacket. 

Journalism major at Emerson College. Coffee and clothing enthusiast.
Emerson contributor