This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As college students, luxury products are not usually at the forefront of our minds. It’s the opposite actually. We focus on budgeting when it comes to purchases, typically ignoring the items with high price tags. However, it is now the holiday season, and if you have room on your wishlist for some higher-end, expensive goods, this is the article for you. I have compiled a list of my favorite luxury items that (IMO) are absolutely worth it.

Fragrances: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom and Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet

These are my two favorite high-end scents of the year. 

Flowerbomb Bloom is a signature scent that is light, fruity, and floral. The key notes include pomegranate, jasmine, peony, vanilla, and mandarin oil. I purchased a bottle of my own last Christmas and it has become my most worn scent. I highly recommend splurging for the 3.4 oz bottle, but it is also available in a 1.7 oz size. Flowerbomb retails for $135 (3.4 oz) and $95 (1.7 oz). It has been about a year since this purchase and even with practically daily use, I have not even used half the bottle. 

Blooming Bouquet is my chosen favorite scent for this upcoming year. In fact, it is the perfume that is on my wishlist for this holiday season! This is a classic fragrance that has been around season after season. It is another fruity and floral scent, although I would say it is a bit lighter than the previously mentioned Flowerbomb. The key notes are rose, peony, and white musk. It is available in four different sizes, from 1 oz to 5.1 oz. This allows a larger variety in terms of cost per wear, as well as how much will be spent on the perfume. Blooming Bouquet retails for $60 (1 oz), $85 (1.7 oz), $107 (3.4 oz), and $135 (5.1 oz). It is less expensive than Flowerbomb and if you are not a huge fan of perfume but want a nice smaller version for special occasions I would say this is the route to go! 

Makeup: Charlotte Tilbury PillowTalk lipstick

In terms of luxury lipstick, this forever will be my top choice.

When it comes to makeup, I tend to stay at midrange prices. I don’t opt for drugstore but I am not buying YSL or Tom Ford products either. However, it is my belief that during the holiday season splurging a little on a beauty product (or two) is worth it. My recommendation is Pillowtalk by Charlotte Tilbury. Now, I must admit, I am not usually a nudes/pink type gal. My personal style leans much more towards goth and alternate, and I tend to wear shades that reflect that. But ever since purchasing this lipstick last December, my view has changed completely. First of all, the formula is almost unbeatable. It is moisturizing, creamy, and pigmented while also being quite buildable. The actual color of this lipstick is just perfection. I don’t usually like how nude and pink look on me, but it is a subtle and elegant shade that walks on the line between blush and brown pink. I have almost (but not quite) finished the tube in about a year. It seriously lasts ages. Pillowtalk retails for $34. Of course, there are other colors in this formula if it truly is not for you, but I cannot stress enough, if you try the Pillowtalk shade, there will be no regrets!

Shoes: Stuart Weitzman boots

The price tag on these is extreme, but you will get your cost per wear within a month.

At the end of the day, nobody makes a comfortable, fashionable, and functional boot the way that Stuart Weitzman does. I am a shoe girl at heart, and I have tried many pairs of boots. Finally, I caved and purchased a pair of Stuart Weitzman Hinterland boots (BNIB but second hand). These boots have changed my life. They stay up, they’re soft, and most of all COMFORTABLE. There was no break-in period for them. The first day I wore them for about 7 hours with no issue at all. The heel is two inches and a block, so there is no issue there either. It is rare to find an over the knee boot that is fashionable, sleek, and comfortable as well. Not only that, but the boot is quite tight around the calf and there is no sagging. There are so many versions of Stuart Weitzman boots on the market but the Hinterland is my top suggestion! I think the suede ankle boot is going to be my next purchase, so I will wait before recommending them. But honestly, you can’t go wrong with Stuart Weitzman. The price tag is daunting, but paying for a good shoe in my opinion is worth it. Or, if it is too much, try TheRealReal or Poshmark for a second-hand pair! The Hinterland boot retails brand new at $798 but I have seen them on sale for $400! 

Links to items mentioned above:

Flowerbomb Bloom Perfume

https://us.viktor-rolf.com/flowerbomb/flowerbomb-bloom/flowerbomb-bloom-VKR_015.html

Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Perfume

https://www.sephora.com/product/miss-dior-blooming-bouquet-P385477?skuId=1599877

Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk Lipstick

https://www.charlottetilbury.com/us/product/matte-revolution-lipstick-pillowtalk-2?istCompanyId=df2906b5-23af-4f14-b5ed-2585966c6cfa&istFeedId=7939e1ee-2e27-4b0f-88f4-212583445937&istItemId=iptiaaipw&istBid=t

Stuart Weitzman Hinterland Boots

https://www.saksoff5th.com/product/stuart-weitzman-hinterland-suede-over-the-knee-boots-0400099329889.html

Sascha Rifkin

Emerson '23

I'm a Writing, Lit, and Publishing major at Emerson College! Fashionista, book worm, and total romantic at heart.
Emerson contributor