Lavish Holiday Shoes & Their Inexpensive Look-alikes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With the holiday season approaching, some of us collegiettes are already getting into the spirit! You decorate your dorm or apartment, so why wouldn’t you want to decorate yourself too? Harper’s Bazaar recently released a gallery of extravagant holiday shoes that, while beautiful, are way out of the average college student’s price range.  Many designers are releasing their amazing holiday shoes, but you definitely don’t have to drop hundreds of dollars on a pair of pumps to have festive feet. Here are some lavish shoes to drool over and their reasonably priced look-alikes.

1. Knotty or Nice?

These classic red Louboutin pumps with a fashionable knot in the back go for $995 on barneys.com. 

This pair of very similar-looking pumps from aliexpress.com also feature a knot in the back and are going for only $58.02 (normally $82.88)!

2. Toy Soldier

These gorgeous Kate Spade heels are reminiscent of a nutcracker’s jacket. They cost $378. 

For only $29.99 you can have these super sweet Christian Siriano for Payless pumps instead (look at the cool detail inside!)

3. Vixen Vintage

The pom-poms on these vintage-esque Paul Andrew flats are a sweet snowy touch, but they run a little steep at $695. 

These awesome burgundy smoking slippers by Tory Burch are still a little pricey, but far better (especially with the holiday sales going on; if you’re on the site at the right moment, you might see a discount code!) The little acorns on the top are adorable and they’re a little more reasonable at $275. 

With the right price hunting skills, you can find affordable footwear for all of your holiday parties this year. Happy shopping! 

Ashley is a senior Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College. She will graduate in December 2016. She loves playing with clothes and make-up, traveling, and drinking way too much coffee. Friends and family, cute animals, (especially her own), and dessert make her happy. 
Emerson contributor