This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Kelsie Adams

Major: Directing for Film

Year: 2017

Hobbies/What are you involved in on campus? Last semester I got really involved at the Emerson Channel working as a PA on Good Morning Emerson and as a camera operator on Common Agenda. This semester I decided to focus more on independent projects and helping out on crew calls!

What can we expect with your work with these organizations? Hopefully some really exciting films for everyone to enjoy!

What can we expect from you in the future (project wise)? Lots and lots of films. As many as I can get myself a part of. 

Who or what inspires you? Oh gosh, do we have enough page space? I’ll answer that: nuh-uh. I could go on forever about people and projects that inspire me, but the big hitter would have to be Lord of the Rings. They were the first movies I ever really, and I mean REALLY, got into. Especially for an eight year old. I knew right then in second grade that I wanted to make movies. Also, J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Ridley Scott, Hans Zimmer, Jennifer Lawrence, Kathryn Bigelow, and Peter Jackson are superheroes in my eyes. And Star Trek. The original series and the new movies and just everything. Captain Kirk holds the key to my heart. 

Biggest accomplishment so far at Emerson? Honestly, I would have to say my biggest accomplishments have been more mental than anything I can put down on a résumé. I’ve experienced so much by just being in the city of Boston, let alone Emerson as well. I’ve met so many people and seen/worked with so many professionals already, it just constantly leaves me excited and anxious to work more and meet more people and make more memories and stories! Also, realizing that people in the movie business, stars and filmmakers alike, are just normal people was a really big feat to accomplish. Thanks, Emerson.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully working on the set of a major motion picture in one form or another. I’d honestly be just as happy running to get Johnny Depp coffee on Pirates of the Caribbean 14 as I would directing my own major motion picture. Just to be engulfed in LA or on location on the set of a film I really love would make me beyond happy. 

Dream job? I would love more than anything to direct. That’s what I’ve dreamt of doing for the past twelve years of my life. And as cliché as it is, I want to work on those major Blockbuster movies. Fantasy action and science-fiction is where I live. 

If you could trade lives with a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why? Harry Styles. Because I would get to look at myself naked and constantly be surrounded by four gorgeous boys and a billion adoring fans. Also, while I was him, I would convince him that Kelsie Adams was the most kick-ass girl on the planet and then we’d get married.
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.