The Insanity that is Kylie Jenner’s Lip Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

A few years ago, everyone was trying to figure out if Kylie Jenner got lip injections or not. Today, her fans are blowing up the Internet trying to buy her extremely popular and hard to get lip kit in order to copy her look. Kylie Cosmetics has only been around since early 2016, but many people are eagerly waiting for her next line of products to be released.

Kylie’s lip kit contains a liquid matte lipstick and lip pencil for a not-so-bad total of $29.00. There are several beautiful colors to choose from, including “Posie K,” “Dolce K” and her newest addition to the line, “22.”

The popularity of the lip kit is so crazy that Kylie Cosmetics’ Instagram account already has two million followers. That’s more followers than famous grandma “Baddie Winkle,” Gossip Girl hotties Penn Badgley and Chace Crawford COMBINED, and Marnie the Dog, AKA the cutest dog on Instagram.

If Kylie’s Instagram popularity doesn’t tell you how popular her lip kit is then the sell out rate of her product definitely will. When Kylie tweets about the restocking of her lip kit, fans listen and before they know it, all seven colors are sold out. Kylie’s lip kit has sold out in less than 10 minutes, making her product even more coveted because of its exclusivity.

It is seemingly impossible to figure out when the lip kit will be restocked on Kylie Cosmetics’ IG account, as she gives vague notice on her posts. If fans want a more specific notice of when the next restock will be, such as the date and time, they can spend $2.99 a month on her app where she spills the details. For now, makeup lovers everywhere will continue to do everything in their power to get their hands on a lip kit in the hopes that it eventually lands on shelves in Sephora.

Emerson contributor