How to Prepare For Captain Marvel Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

First, in case you didn’t know, Captain Marvel comes out next Friday. Yes, that means you should be screaming and jumping up and down like I am. Captain Marvel is not just another superhero film (to all you non-Marvel fans). It’s the first Marvel superheroine film. Take that, Thor! Here are a few ways to prepare for this film of amazingness:

Watch the Previous Marvel Movies.

Yes, that means Infinity War. The Marvel Cinematic Universe covers an expansive list of movies dating back to Iron Man in 2008. And, unfortunately for you newcomers, you cannot watch the films by trilogy . You must watch the movies by date, not by series. NOT BY SERIES! Or, you’ll be extremely confused and no one wants you asking questions in the middle of a movie! Don’t be like my sister.from:

Know Who Captain Marvel is.

Like I said before, Captain Marvel is a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This is the first Captain Marvel film in the MCU. That being said, RESEARCH HER! Wikipedia is free, people. You can’t just come into the movie and wonder, “I’m ready to watch another superhero movie. Is this DC or Marvel?” That’s disrespectful. And, to make matters worse for you newcomers, Captain Marvel’s isn’t a regular origin story (according to conspiracy theories websites, don’t quote me on this). That means she’s already a superhero in the first film so you must know her background beforehand. If I were you, I would watch Screen Rant. Here’s the link, newcomers!

Learn About the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Wikipedia covers everything about the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even me—a die-hard superhero film fan—had to research background of the alien race war featured in Captain Marvel. That being said, learning the MCU is your research project.  Learning the background of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Captain Marvel is key to understanding the storyline of Avengers: Endgame.

There you go. I graced you with free information to prepare for not only Captain Marvel, but also Avengers: Endgame—the biggest film of the century. Enjoy.

Melanie Curry

Emerson '21

Emerson College Journalism Student. Class of 2020. Lifestyle/Arts Reporter for Berkeley Beacon HerCampus Writer
Emerson contributor