How to Make the Most of Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Life can feel like a drag when you have thousands of things to get done all in one day. We’ve all been there and we’ve all been stressed out about it. School is finally almost over, but that just means that we have more work due in two weeks than we’ve had due in the whole semester. The key to all your worries is to make the most of each day! Here’s how:

1. Wake up early

We all hate dragging ourselves out of bed before 10 am, but sometimes it’s a necessary evil. Waking up an hour before you usually do is a simple way to give yourself more time in the day. By doing so, you won’t feel like you’re in a constant rush to get things done and instead, you’ll feel relaxed.  Don’t sacrifice doing homework or hangout out with friends for sleeping in late! 

2. Stay organized

Towards the end of the year, there becomes so much work to do that it’s extremely hard to keep all of it  in order. If you don’t have a planner already, now is the time to invest in one! All it takes is a few dollars and a walk to CVS to get your life in order. 

3. Turn your phone off

We’re all guilty of paying too much attention to what others are doing when we’re on our phones scrolling through social media. Quit caring about what everyone else is doing for part of your day and be appreciative of the present moment. 

4. Stop setting unrealistic expectations

Don’t wake up angry and stressed in the morning because you have so many things to do. Being in class or at your part-time job all day and then expecting to write two papers and do a project is an unrealistic expectation that will cause your day to end in frustration. Create a balance of work and free time throughout your day. Don’t beat yourself up when you don’t get to do everything you wanted to do.

5. Eat healthy and exercise 

By eating healthy and exercising, you will feel better and be happier throughout your day. Instead of picking up an unhealthy and high calorie snack during your day, grab some fruit or veggies to keep your energy high. If you get frustrated or stressed throughout your day, walk it off instead of sleeping it off! 

Don’t let any of your last few days of the semester go to waste! Follow these tips to spend your time wisely.

Emerson contributor