This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, you probably already have your costume assembled and ready to be rocked, your plans figured out and are preparing yourself for a good time. Perhaps your plans include a Halloween party or two. At this point in the year, many of you may have already been to plenty of parties and the same old drinking games are getting old. Sure, beer pong, flip cup, and slap cup are old favorites, but maybe you want to try something new. Here some ideas for you to bring to the party as your own treat and have some responsible fun!

Alcoholic Apple Bobbing

Turn this classic up a notch by filling the bowl with vodka instead of water (if your budget allows) and carve numbers into the apples. Once the player grabs an apple, the number on the side correlates to how many shots he or she has to take.

Trick or Treat

Place six Solo cups on a table, labeled one through six. In three of the cups put a ‘trick’ shot, in the remaining three put ‘treat’ shots. Lay them out in a line, each player must roll a die and must drink whatever number shot they land on. Periodically mix up the cups when ‘trick’ and ‘treat’ shots are re-filled. Half the fun of this game is not knowing whether you have an easy shot or you have something like 151.

Wrap a Mummy

For the more adventurous and devoted Halloween celebrators, divide into pairs or teams and using a roll of toilet paper wrap one of the members of the pair or team as speedily as possible. The fastest to wrap their mummy wins; the others have to down a pint of some spooky Halloween punch.

Horror Movie Drinking Game

You can turn watching basically anything into a drinking game; you just have to make up a set of rules for whatever it is you are viewing! Here are some to get you started: everybody picks a character, if your character screams; you take a shot, if a girl dies first all the girls drink. If a guy dies first, the guys drink, if it was your character that died, knock it back. If your character survives you send 2 shots to somebody else, if you can pick who the killer is before the halfway mark in the movie, everyone else combines their drinks, grabs some straws and drinks!

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Alicia and a senior here at Emerson College. I created my own major called Magazine Studies, incorporating the fields of journalism, publishing and marketing. I want to be a magazine journalist after college, ideally at a mag like Seventeen! I love writing profiles, reviews and about anything television and movies. I'm a sister of Sigma Pi Theta and Co-President of Emerson's community service group, Imagine. 
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.