This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The new Ghostbusters trailer dropped last week and it is getting everyone pumped!

Starring comedy queens Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig as well as SNL comedians Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones as the new members of the team, the trailer confirms that Ghostbusters (2016) is going to be a reboot of the comedy classic from 1984. Also appearing in the trailer is Chris Hemsworth as the “sexy” secretary at the firehouse. While the IMDB profile for the film suggests some original cast members (Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Dan Aykroyd, Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson) are going to be present, we have yet to see any surface in this premiere trailer.

The trailer retains the comical yet still creepy feel from the original film while adding new dynamics and modern twists. The upgraded quality of digital effects is prominent and will definitely play a big role in differentiating the final product from the 80s classic. Overall, I’m excited to see this movie! It is definitely going to be a funny movie with some great actors who know what they’re doing.

Watch the trailer below and let us know what you think!

part-time princess, full-time trash, one-time model
Emerson contributor