It's the week we all dread: finals week. The week where we have to use everything we learn to show we made progress and actually learned something during the semester. It’s a hard time, especially for people who hate quizzes and get stressed easily. So I made a list of thirteen reminders to keep in mind while preparing and taking your finals.
1. You are more than your grades
2. Be open and honest with your professors
3. Reach out for support
4. It's okay to take a break during this time
5. Acknowledge how far you have come
6. Your best is always good enough
7. Don't overwhelm yourself
8. Pay attention to your body, mind and soul
9. Actually take the time to study, review the material and understand the assignment
10. Once you're finished, focus on yourself. Like really focus on yourself
11. Encourage yourself
12. Good things are coming and happening during this time
13. Acknowledge and appreciate your progress and where you are now
14. Celebrate yourself
Don’t stress about these finals too much because it will all be okay in the end. I wish you all the luck in the world during this time.