Style > Beauty

Follain and Snap Top Market Present: Fall Beauty and Superfoods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

On Thursday, October 16, we attended the joint “Fall Beauty and Superfoods” event hosted by Follain and Snap Top Market. Snap Top Market is a South End market that focuses on selling organic, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as baked goods, and artisanal cheeses. You can check out Snap Top Market’s fresh produce on 303 Columbus Ave, or online! Located on 53 Dartmouth St, Follain is a health beauty store that focuses on selling skincare, hair care, and cosmetic products that are natural and healthy.

We sampled four different DIY face masks: the Avocado Banana Face Mask, the Cranberry Cleanser, the Pumpkin Face Mask, and the Honey Face Mask, all part of the Follain and Snap Top collection. You can order the ingredients from Snap Top and make your own all-natural, healthy face masks and cleansers. The Avocado Banana mask is a great moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling refreshed. The Cranberry cleanser applies smoothly to the skin, and has a calming effect on the skin. The Pumpkin mask is extremely soothing and it helps skin that has experienced sun damage. The Honey mask is a great moisturizer and is especially effective for dry skin. All of the face masks were created using Superfood from Snap Top market, and are all natural. The ingredients in these face masks could be easily found in your own kitchen. Follain’s motto is, “No one should have to sacrifice their health and values for beauty.” They live up to this motto by using only natural and fresh ingredients in their products, which range from shampoo to eyeshadow to handcrafted soaps.

We also had the chance to sample a huge variety of food from Snap Top market! We started with their raw vegetable “pastas”, which are a delicious way to get your serving of veggies. We also had the mashed squash and the nuts. All of the food was served with their unique sauces including cashew alfredo, apricot ginger, and cucumber avocado pesto. The main course was delicious, while also being healthy and organic! After our vegetables, we had some of their artisanal cheese including manchego cheese, brie cheese, and champagne cheddar cheese, all served with their gluten free raincoast crisps. The gluten free raincoast crisps were a delicious, healthy version of chips. The cheese was fresh and amazing; it was definitely a step above your regular grocery store variety cheeses. Snap Top Market offers a variety of To-Go items such as salads and wraps, meaning you don’t have to be a gourmet chef to indulge in one of their wonderful creations. In addition to having a wide selection of artisan foods, Snap Top market also delivers their fresh food right to your door! The delivery service is available to all of the Boston neighborhoods, meaning there are no excuses for fitting in healthy and fresh food into a hectic schedule.

We were both big fans of their delicious artisan cheese!

Both Follain and Snap Top are environmentally friendly brands, that also support regional and U.S. jobs.  Snap Top Market sells seasonal produce, so you can always expect to their food to be as fresh as possible and never processed. Their produce is always from local farmers in the region and is hand selected six days a week. You can’t get any fresher than this! Additionally, Snap Top Market is committed to supporting local vendors, and all of their dry baked goods are locally made. Follain utilizes refillable bottles in stores for their products for hand and body soap. This is part of their mission to reduce the waste created by plastic bottles. Another reason to love Follain is because all their products are manufactured in the U.S. to ensure their products do not need chemical preservatives, and to reduce their carbon footprint. The company also loves supporting the U.S. manufacturing industry and ensuring their products are created through safe and ethical processes.

Caroline is sophomore at Emerson College, studying Media Production. Born and raised in New England she hopes to head out to the west coast after graduation. In her spare time she works on student TV and film productions. One day she hopes to work in the TV industry as a producer or showrunner. Currently her favorite shows are Shameless, Orange is the New Black and Veroncia Mars.
Sarah Marcantonio is a sophomore Writing, Literature, and Publishing major. Sarah hopes to pursue a career writing in someway-- taking any job she can take. Her ultimate goal is to write for a bridal magazine. Born and raised in New Jersey, Sarah hopes to return to New York after graduation. She likes to write about feminism, Boston, current events at Emerson College, and pop culture. 
Emerson contributor