Fall Recipes to Make in Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re missing home cooking this season, have no fear, here is a list of recipes that incorporate all the flavors of fall, no oven required. Surprise your friends with these flavorful but easy recipes. They’re perfect for those cozy fall days when you don’t want to leave the dorm.

For a fresh salad, try this pear and basil recipe from serious eats. It’s a great way to eat healthy and break the usual routine of the DH salad bar.

If sweet potatoes are an integral part of your fall dining experience, try this decadent recipe from Big Girls, Small Kitchen. With parmesan and herb butter, these might just be better than the sweet potato casserole your mom makes at home. 

Risotto is always a comfort food, but sometimes is a bit too plain. Add some ham and corn for a twist on the usual dish, like this recipe on Health.com. Admit it, this sounds a lot better than that Easy Mac you were going to make. *Tip- substitute chicken broth or diluted white wine vinegar for the white wine

Have you tried making a cake in a mug yet? Add a fall twist to the old favorite with this apple crisp idea from Reddi Whip. It makes enough to share, so make sure to invite some friends over to enjoy it with.

If you thought no bake cheesecake was good, try this recipe from Kraft. You can get your pumpkin fix without going to Dunkin or Starbucks.

Another great no bake recipe is this one from Food.com. Oatmeal cookies with peanut butter are the perfect snack, and batter eating is highly encouraged with this recipe.

Of course fall wouldn’t be complete without pumpkin carving, so when you decide to make those jack o’ lanterns, be sure to save the seeds so you can snack on this toasted treat from Home Cooking. Pumpkin seeds are great on their own, or you can add them to salads or desserts.  

Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.