This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As we settle in fall and winter, I want to share my favorite recipe during this season. Baked maple pears are easy to make, college budget-friendly, and DELICIOUS!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Pears 

Pure or Organic Maple Syrup

Pecans or Walnuts

Sea Salt

Cinnamon 

Pure Vanilla Extract 

Allspice or Cloves 

Steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line your pan/tray with foil or parchment paper. If you do not have quick access to an oven, this is the perfect excuse to visit your parents!
  2. Wash, half, and pit your pears. Take a spoon to dig out the seeds; this is very crucial since the baked pears are easily eaten in a few bites. Just to make sure that all the spices and syrup seep into the pears, I like to put a shallow slit near the stem of the pear. 
  3. Next, I like to lay them in the pan and season them with sea salt, spices, and nuts. TIP: To make the pears even more decadent, I like to put the nuts into the hole that I made when I pitted the pears. 
  4. Finally, drizzle the pears with vanilla extract and syrup to your taste. Bake the pears for 25-40 minutes and ENJOY!

These toasty, chewy, and warm delights are guaranteed to keep you cozy this season. The best part of this recipe is that it is totally customizable. This recipe could also work for apples as well. 

Trinitee Stokes is an actress, author, international speaker and fashion designer. Trinitee made history at age fourteen to become the youngest student ever admitted to Emerson College in Boston, MA where she will major in Political Communication and Public Diplomacy. @triniteestokes