Event Recap: Wilde Press and Pub Club’s Book Launch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

This past Monday, Emerson’s Undergraduate Students for Publishing hosted their Spring 2018 book launch! Authors Melissa Close and Patrick Groleau were able to celebrate the release of the books they wrote and that members of Pub Club have worked on throughout the semester. Melissa Close wrote Wandering & Other Stories and Patrick wrote Beautiful Homeland: Mother Earth.

The launch started with current co-presidents of Pub Club Madison Heim-Jinivisian and Kyle Madigan introducing the organization and its three branches (Undergraduate Students for Publishing, Wilde Press, and Generic Magazine). Managing editor of Generic Abby McAuliffe came up to talk about Generic as the book launch also celebrated the release of the 13th publication of Generic Magazine!

Madison and Kyle honored the graduating heads of Wilde Press and Generic, and next semester’s co-presidents of Pub Club Emma Grant and Jess Morris honored Maddie and Kyle since both of them are also graduating from Emerson this semester!

Both authors read from their books, and then answered questions from the audience. The event ended with both authors signing copies of their books that audience members purchased! Proceeds from Melissa’s book will be going to the Environmental Defense Fund. Proceeds from Patrick’s book will be going to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor