Event Recap: Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Is it really winter without The Nutcracker? On Thursday, November 29th Boston Ballet kicked off this season’s performances of  Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker.

This was my second time watching The Nutcracker on the stage of the Boston Opera House, and it was the perfect way to say goodbye to November and kick off the start of December! The show was so beautiful from start to finish—from the dancing and music to the costumes and set pieces.

One of my favorite parts about this show is being able to watch student dancers and professional dancers collaborate to put on such a timeless show. The Boston Ballet company dancers and students really delivered, bringing to life iconic scenes such as the introduction of the Sugar Plum Fairy, and also bringing in elements of modernization through the Nutcracker Bear and the mice.

Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker will run through the month, until December 30th. Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office at the Boston Opera House. Rush tickets for students may also be available depending on the day of performance.

All photos are from Angela Sterling, courtesy of Boston Ballet.

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor