This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Erin Goodyear Major: Political Communication Year: December 2014 Hobbies: Learning to play the mandolin, practicing mindful meditation (much harder than I thought it would be)

What are you involved in on campus? President of the Communication, Politics, & Law Association (CPLA), EIV’s Spin Room Executive Producer, Democracy Coach for Generation Citizen, Alternative Spring Break Boston Leader

What can we expect with your work with these organizations? CPLA is gearing up for our annual trip to NYC! You can help us fundraise for it by eating at Fajitas & Ritas on Tuesday, March 18. Also be on the lookout for the Spin Room’s latest episode. Find our shows by liking us on Facebook! (…is that too much of a plug???)

What can we expect from you in the future (project wise)? In the fall I’m hoping to intern in Washington D.C. through the Washington Center. Ideally, I’d love to work for the Department of Justice as a Speechwriting Intern.

Who or what inspires you? My favorite women writers: Maya Angelou, Gwendolyn Brooks, and Flannery O’Connor. A good folk song also keeps me going in times of stress.

Biggest accomplishment so far at Emerson? When I first came to Emerson I fell in love with CPLA. That year we won Organization of the Year at the ERA awards and it was an ecstatic feeling. I am so honored that today I get to lead the organization that means so much to me.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Wow, 10 years feels so far away! I’d hope I’d be somewhere warmer than Massachusetts (sorry Boston, I still love you) with a career in advocacy. I’d want to be surrounded by people I love. In 10 years hopefully my life would be stable enough to include a dog as well!

Dream job? I’d love to be a leader at the federal level working in disaster relief. It’s a matter of great importance to me and it would be a dream to have a great impact!

If you could trade lives with a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why? Hmmmm…I’d have to say Rev Run from Run DMC. I think he’s pretty cool.

Emerson contributor