This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Emma Gasson

Major: Writing for Film and TV

Year: 2017

Hobbies: In my free time, I enjoy writing, watching television, procrastinating with spider solitaire, and walking to and from work.  On campus I’m a camera operator for Closing Time, a member of Spec and Thread, and an assistant for the Office of Financial Affairs. 

What can we expect with your work with these organizations? I would love to write for some of the Emerson shows in the future, and submit scripts for Spec or Thread when or if I ever get around to finishing one.  There’s always hope.

What can we expect from you in the future (project wise)? I would love to write and produce skits or short films in the future. 

Who or what inspires you? I’m inspired by the small things I see day by day, especially the strange things.  I’ve found that certain events and conversations that would normally slip under the radar raise the most interest for me on a creative level, and have caused me to question certain aspects of day-to-day life.  I always strive for my writing to be relatable and authentic, because that’s how most of us are in this world.

Biggest accomplishment so far at Emerson? My biggest accomplishment at Emerson is surviving the Green Line and being chosen for this article right here!  I’m hoping this will guarantee a good picture.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully employed.  I would love to be working at a job in my field or in that general direction. 

Dream job? I would love to develop my own sitcom, or just write for film and television in general. I would honestly be happy with any job that allows me to express myself creatively. 

If you could trade lives with a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why? I would trade places with Tina Fey, just to say I have been Tina Fey.  But it would suck to have to let go of being Tina Fey.  I could always just pretend to be her after that.  I already have the glasses. 

Emerson contributor