This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Hi girls! It’s that time of year again that we all know and love: fall! If you haven’t been inspired by the changing leaves, the slight chill in the air, or the fact that Halloween is right around the corner, maybe you’re in need of a little pumpkin-pick-me-up. I know being in college makes it slightly difficult when it comes to normal life activities that involve a kitchen, but I found some drinks that don’t require a lot of appliances, effort or money to make!

Pumpkin-infused vodka

All one really needs to do for this D.I.Y. is buy a can of pumpkin puree and put that into a bottle of vodka in addition to a cinnamon stick or two. Let it sit in the fridge for about a week and there you have it! All you need to do is strain the pumpkin and it is ready to go.

Pumpkin Juice

This next recipe is pretty simple as well. It should take around 5 minutes to make and serves about 6!

Ingredients:

•  4 cups of orange juice
  • ½ cup Lipton lemon sweetened iced tea
  • 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice

For this recipe, all you need to do is put the ingredients in a container and stir! It can be served hot or cold. Give both a try!

Pumpkin spice cocktail

This recipe is a little more complicated and requires a few more ingredients than the others. It also requires a cocktail shaker, but if you are feeling a little more ambitious and buy the ingredients, it will only take you 3 minutes to make. Give it a try!

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Put ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
  2. Shake vigorously.
  3. Strain over ice into glass.
  4. Garnish with a long slice of ginger.

Pumpkin pie smoothie

This recipe seems to be oriented to those living outside of a dorm with an access to kitchen appliances such as a blender and a basic spice drawer. If you have these components, then this is another recipe that should be easy to make. It just requires adding ingredients and blending!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups ice cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (vanilla almond)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (freshly)
  • 3 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup granola (your choice. I used a vanilla macaroon granola)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree

Directions:

1.    Blend ice.

2.   Add milk, ground cinnamon, pudding mix (can leave out but adds some flavor and texture), vanilla, granola, pumpkin and nutmeg.

3.   Blend.

4.   Enjoy!

These are some of the many wonderful, simple drink recipes that give the feeling of fall a little extra sparkle. Embrace the season while it is still here and have fun with it!

Hi! My name is Chelsea and I am a writer for Her Campus Emerson
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.