Easy Fall Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Hey girls! Struggling to get into the fall season? Let me help. Recently, I have discovered some super cute fall nail ideas and designs that you can easily make that are related to the season as well as our sweetest holiday, Halloween.

One idea just happens to involve our favorite accessory here at Emerson College, glitter (duh!). So first you are going to start with the basic base coat. After this apply one solid fall color like black, orange or a deep red. Most bottles say to use two coats and once these have dried thoroughly you are ready to move on. Next you can spice it up with either orange and/or gold glitter on top. This gives it that extra sparkle and detailing we all love while still allowing for a simple process. Check it out!

Another idea is with double the glitter. It begins like usual with a base coat, but for this design, add a clear or light pink color to the top, like a French manicure. Next pick a fall glitter color and start spreading it near the middle of your nail. Then take another and slightly over lap until you reach the tip of your nail, and voilà! Super cute, girl.

Want to get more in spirit? Ok! My last idea is inspired by what seems to be the heart of this season: Pumpkins! So first you are going to paint your nails orange, unless you want an oddly colored squash, then you do you, girl! Next you are going to take a green and make a little line at the top of the nail. This is the stem! Don’t be shy. Get artistic with it! Then take black and draw two triangle eyes and one triangle nose. Finally draw a little smile, maybe with a missing tooth, and let them dry. Finally put a top coat on; you wouldn’t want to chip these cute nails!

-XOXO Chelsea

Hi! My name is Chelsea and I am a writer for Her Campus Emerson