David Weiner ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Year: Class of 2016
Major: Journalism
Hometown: Salina, Kansas
Astrological Sign: Cancer

Biggest turn-on: A girl with no drama
Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Lawrence
Three words you’d use to describe yourself: Creative, Outdoorsy, Driven

Future career goals/ambitions: I’m currently building a website, I hope to see it take off while I’m in college
Hobbies/interests: Anything outdoorsy, tennis, swimming music, playing music, singing

Advice you would give to a girl trying to impress you: The advice I’d give to a girl trying to impress me is don’t try and play games to get me to like you i.e. pretending not to be in to me, waiting forever to text back, saying you’re not free when you are. Playing coy with me doesn’t work, I just assume you’re not in to me and move on.

If you had to pick a song to be the theme song to your life, what would it be: The theme song to my life right would actually be more like a soundtrack made up of Sinatra’s old love songs and baby-making R&B. I’m not a womanizer, I could literally listen to that music all day everyday.

Most embarrassing song on your iTunes: I have “Die in Your Arms” by Justin Bieber on my iTunes
Best part of your Emerson experience so far: Best part of Emerson so far would be getting in Phi Alpha Tau

Most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone: I once planned out this whole evening for a girl where late in the evening I secretly set up a picnic with blankets, speakers, drinks, the whole nine yards. The whole night was about the element of surprise so I told her that I would probably be out of town that night so that she wouldn’t be expecting to hangout. I set everything up perfectly then started driving towards her house with a box of chocolates and flowers in the passenger seat. I pulled up to her house and knocked on her door. I was so excited to start my night. Her mom answered the door covering her mouth, holding back her shock. My date had left for the night to a friends house just moments before and was planning on staying the night. Seeing now that my romantic night had been foiled, I unwrapped my chocolates, cracked open my drinks and chatted and laughed with her mom the rest of the night. 

Favorite movie quote: Anything from Drumline with Nick Cannon
Guilty pleasure: Romantic comedies
Best pick-up line: Do you like Sinatra? Can I sing for you?

Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.