This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re looking for a way to spend some of this extra time we all seem to have acquired look no further! Here are some relaxing games with cute designs to take your mind off the world for a little bit.

1. Animal Crossing

Animal Crossing is a series of Nintendo games. The newest one, New Horizons came out this March. In Animal Crossing, you get to move into your new town full of cute neighbors and you can pretty much spend your time as you please. Whether that’s catching bugs, fishing, planting flowers, or picking up seashells on the beach, you’re sure to have fun! The newer versions of the game also support multiplayer so you can play with friends near or far.

2. Slime Rancher

In Slime Rancher you’re responsible for collecting and running a farm of cute slime cubes. The world design is beautiful and it’s easy to spend hours exploring and collecting different types of slimes! I recommend playing this one with some television on in the background, or maybe while listening to a podcast.

3. Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley is easily one of my favorite games of all time. It’s a highly expansive game that starts small so new players aren’t overwhelmed. You start the game after inheriting your grandfather’s farm. The game follows real world seasons, allowing you to plant certain crops at certain times. You can also interact with all the other occupants of the town, upping your friendship levels with them as the years go on.

4. Cooking Mama

Cooking Mama is another Nintendo series. You can learn all sorts of recipes and even sell them at your restaurant in the newer games. Lately, I’ve been loving the mobile version so this game’s an option even if you don’t have other gaming consoles!

Grace is a sophomore Business of Creative Enterprises student at Emerson College from New York and North Carolina. She’s passionate about theatre, television, writing, and fried chicken.
Emerson contributor