This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

April showers may bring May flowers, but they also bring running mascara and frizzy hair. Just because we need to suit up in our rain gear to avoid this, doesn’t mean we can’t look cute! Here are a couple of my favorite rain accessories that will definitely make a dreary rainy day a little brighter.

Kate Spade ‘Rain Check’ Umbrella – $38.00

So cute, without having a completely overpowering print. Also, the see-through aspect will help you to avoid any awkward falls or run ins that a normal vision-blocking umbrella may cause. It will also let you look up and see the rain fall, which is pretty cool.

ASOS Rain Pullover – $65.85

This pullover is especially good for April; its light pink color screams ‘spring’ and it’s light so you won’t get too hot. The umbrella print is also adorable, all you have to do is throw this on over a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and you’re ready to brave the storm!

Joules Rainboots – $160

I know Hunter boots seem to be all the rage right now, but for about the same price of a pair of Hunters you can get these boots from Joules, a British brand. They have bows. Need I say more? But if you’re leaning on the cheaper side…

Dizzy Pica Bow Solid Rain Boot – $29.95

These are ankle boots which means they’re quick and easy to slip on. They ALSO have bows, so what more could you want?

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor