This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

*In celebration of the organizations who work day-in and day-out to help and protect those in need, Her Campus Emerson has decided to dedicate all of our content this week to organizations that are important to us.

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was founded on the belief that animals deserve to be treated with dignity and kindness and should be protected under the law. The ASPCA does work in the field to investigate and intervene in potential animal cruelty cases, treats and helps find homes for abused animals, and provides resources to stop abuse from occurring in the first place.

You can help the ASPCA’s various missions by making a donation, either one-time or regularly scheduled; creating a fundraising campaign; volunteering or searching for a career; speaking out against cruelty or sharing your story; or adopting a pet through the organization. An easy way to help out is by making Amazon purchases through Amazon Smile, an initiative that donates part of your purchase to a charity of your choice, including the ASPCA.

Every contribution, no matter how big or small, makes a difference. In 2017, the ASPCA reported a decrease in shelter intake and euthanasia of homeless pets and an increase in adoptions. Find out more info on the ASPCA’s website and get involved today.

Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College, concentrating in publishing and minoring in psychology. Avid defender of cats, coffee after dinner, and young adult books.
Emerson contributor