This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that liked to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we have decided we wanted to introduce to you is the chapter at Emmanuel. The chapter was founded four years ago at the small liberal arts college in the Fenway neighborhood. Emmanuel is a catholic college, and was previously an all women’s school until the early 2000’s. The CCs explained that their school’s “President, Sister Janet, is currently the longest-serving female college president in the United States.” They are currently around 20 members strong and are looking to grow! 

Despite their relatively small team, HC Emmanuel has a rather large executive board. They all work together to ensure that the chapter is running smoothly.

• President: Victoria Harding (Senior, Communications & Media Studies, Management minor)

• Editor in Chief: Carly Silva (Junior, Writing, Editing, & Publishing and Communications & Media Studies)

• Vice President: Elise Kline (Senior, Communications & Media Studies) 

• Treasurer: Caroline Ferrari (Senior, Communications & Media Studies, minor in Political Communication and Writing ) 

• Events and Public Relations: Megan Canfield (Sophomore, Sociology with a Concentration in Social Justice andInequality and International Studies with a Concentration in Sustainability, minor in Mandarin)

• Secretary: Giuliana Sannella (Senior, Communications & Media Studies and Writing, Editing, & Publishing)

• Co-Social Media Coordinator: Victoria Dias (Senior, Theater and Communications & Media Studies)

• Co-Social Media Coordinator: Rosemary Murphy (Writing, Editing, & Publishing, minor in Communications and History

The Emmanuel chapter has also been busy publishing their content, including a feature entitled “Every Story Matters,” by Elise Kline. This story was published during Eating Disorder Awareness week as a way for the chapter to help bring stories about Eating Disorders to light.  The chapter also published a piece in which they survey’s Emmanuel students about long-distance relationships. On the profile side of their editorial content, the chapter published a piece regarding students who participated in their school’s Dance Marathon! For more content, be cure to check out the chapter’s Her Campus Page

Moving over to their events side, the chapter holds a social every fall. The chapter also holds an event regarding body-positivity and a paint night! Speaking of which, they have their annual fashion show coming up, and they have a lot of really great stores providing the clothing for the event. So if you are interested, be sure to stop by! During the Spring semester, the chapter plans an event surrounding career related content, and help other organizations on their campus to run events like the Dance Marathon! Out of all of the fun they have with these events, however, their favorite memory is the fun that they have at their team meetings, since they are such a close-knit group.  

In addition to looking to expand their chapter, HC Emmanuel is also looking to widen their content, by including more articles about current events and social justice issues. Whether or not these topics are ones that you are particularly passionate about, HC Emmanuel might be a good fit for you, as they welcome anyone who wants to join! The chapter really loves having a variety of voices and writing styles, so if you are questioning whether or not you would fit in, don’t! If you are looking to learn more, or join, you can feel free to reach out to the chapter via email at hc.emmanuel@hercampus.com! You can also learn more about the chapter by visiting them at the school’s involvement fair.

When we asked the chapter what the three words that best describe them were, the CCs responded, “Encouraging, creative and ambitious! We think we are a badass group of women who support and root for each other.”

To follow HC Emmanuel and their endeavors, feel free to give them a follow on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)! 

Bonus Questions: 

TS: Is your chapter team Edward or Team Jacob?  Or for daring, Team Kristen Stewart as a person? 

CCs: We are 50/50 Edward and Jacob!!!!!

*All photos provided by HC Emmanuel*

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.