Campus Cutie Nick Holmes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Nick Holmes

Major: Theatre Studies: Acting with a minor in Comedy Writing and Performance

Year of Graduation: 2016

Hometown: Originally from Knaresborough, England, Nick spent most of his childhood in Barrington, Rhode Island.

Favorite film: Nick says he could watch Back to the Future anytime without any question, but he also loves Seven Samurai.

Dream job: A successful actor and writer. “I just want to be performing and being able to make a living off of making people laugh and having fun with friends.”

Dream date: Going to a museum. “You can tell a lot about a person from how they respond to seeing art and if they’re willing to make fun of it, if they love it,” Nick says. “It’s just very interesting.”

Looks for in a lady: Sense of humor and someone with an interest in current events. “I’m always on the news, keeping up with politics, whatever,” Nick says. “I have an opinion on 110 different things, so it’s good to have someone that I can talk to about my opinion, even if they don’t agree with me.”

Hobbies: Watching movies, video games, and exploring the city.

Biggest inspiration: Kanye West. But hear him out! He admires West for his confidence. “I’m always very shy when I have a new idea and I’m very nervous about having the confidence to share it. He is nothing but confident, to a fault in some cases. If I could just find just an ounce of that Kanye ‘go get it’ attitude, I feel like I could be open to making a lot more stuff and going in a lot more new directions.”

Look for him in: A Murder Mystery Dinner, an upcoming show in April that Nick wrote, directed, and is starring in, with other friends. 

Erin is a junior at Emerson College studying journalism, publishing, and writing. She comes from southeastern Massachusetts and enjoys reading magazines, getting hooked on new TV shows, traveling, and spending time with her dog. Erin hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. You can follow her on Twitter at @erin_kayata.
Emerson contributor