Campus Cutie Chris Gavin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Chris Gavin

Major: Journalism

Year of graduation: December 2015

Hometown: Mineola, New York

Dream job: Senior writer at Rolling Stone

Biggest inspiration: His parents and his favorite musicians: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, and the Beatles.

Dream date: Chris prefers to keep things “classic” with dinner and dessert, with a walk in between the two to break things up.

Looks for in a lady: Someone passionate with a similar sense of “bad” humor.

Hobbies: Chris enjoys making and listening to music and plays the guitar and harmonica. He also writes fiction in his spare time.

Daily reads: The Boston Globe and Rolling Stone.

Favorite bands: The Black Keys, The Decemberists, Foxygen, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford and Sons, Lou Reed, The Velvet Underground, The Band, along with Dylan, Springsteen, the Beatles, and old folk and blues.

Thoughts on…

Today’s pop music: “Generally, I’m not a fan. I tend to steer clear of Top Forty.”

Best shows on TV right now: “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and House of Cards.”

The DH: “I don’t eat there too much now, because I’m off-campus, but generally it’s so-so.”

Erin is a junior at Emerson College studying journalism, publishing, and writing. She comes from southeastern Massachusetts and enjoys reading magazines, getting hooked on new TV shows, traveling, and spending time with her dog. Erin hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. You can follow her on Twitter at @erin_kayata.
Emerson contributor