nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Had a bad day? Does it seem like you have an endless list of things to do and absolutely no time left to get in done? Feel like the universe is laughing at you? I’ve been there! Here’s a couple great ways to beat your bad day.

1. Talk to a Friend

Friends are so helpful for a host of very obvious reasons but if there’s one thing they’re really great at, it’s putting things in perspective. It’s so easy to get overly stressed out and crazed at times and it’s always nice to have someone bring you back down to Earth and remind you that everything is fine.

2. Take a Break

Now, this may not always be the best idea if you have a lot of things to get done with very little time to do them, I find it’s always extremely helpful to even take fifteen minutes to simply give your body and mind a break.

3. Make a List

It is sometimes a lifesaver to just write down everything you need to do and truly put it in perspective. Or, if you’re more having a bad day than a stressful day, write down what has upset you and why it upset you. Sometimes, it’s really good to compartmentalize what is upsetting you and truly try to understand it the best you can. It’ll make it easier to move on from.

4. Laugh

There’s that cliche that “laughter is the best medicine” and while that may not ALWAYS be true, it definitely helps.

5. Breathe

The power of deep breathing is often underrated. Maybe you don’t exactly have to meditate (although I recommend it), nothing quite relaxes you more than just stopping and taking a few deep breaths. It works like magic.

Obsessed with the Kennedy family and cheesecake, respectively.
Emerson contributor