Boston’s Top 5 Restaurants for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Valentine’s Day is approaching soon! Hopefully you’ve already picked out the perfect card and gift for your special someone. Now the only question is, which restaurant should you dine at? Whether you want a romantic night on the town, a perfect Galentine’s spot, or a cozy dining experience in the North End, Boston has tons of awesome restaurants that you and your cutie will LOVE for this Valentine’s Day!

Taranta

Taranta is a charming Italian restaurant nestled in the heart of Boston’s historic North End! The restaurant features a cozy, candlelit dining atmosphere that is sure to dazzle your sweetheart. If you are trying to be a little fancy this Valentine’s Day, Taranta could be the place for you! The menu features lots of wonderful pasta dishes. My favorite is the Lobster Ravioli! The menu is a little more on the expensive side, with entrée prices ranging from $20-$30. After your meal, you and your Valentine can swing by Mike’s Pastry and get the full Little Italy experience this Valentine’s Day!

Border Café

Who doesn’t love chips and salsa, right?! Border Café in Harvard Square is the perfect spot for a Galentine’s Day lunch or dinner! This fun and lively restaurant is painted with vibrant colors, has lights, and plays some awesome country tunes. Border Café has a very extensive menu with a mix of both Mexican and Cajun foods. For Galentine’s Day, order a queso to go with your chips and salsa. For the entrée, you two can share Border Café’s combo Fajitas or each pick something great off the menu. The prices here typically range between $10 and $15. Border Café does not have any desserts, so if you have a sweet tooth, grab a cupcake at SWEET when you are heading out. You and your bestie will for sure have a great night out here in Cambridge!

The Yard House

If you love a sophisticated, cool restaurant vibe, The Yard House is the place for you this Valentine’s Day! The Yard House is an American sports bar chain in Boston’s Fenway area and is a great spot for grabbing some yummy American classics. The restaurant is dimly lit, has lots going on, and is perfect for a night out. Make sure you ask for a booth, they are SO comfy! The Yard House features over 100 made from scratch dishes and menu prices range from $15 to $30. I HIGHLY recommend starting off with the Poke Nachos and then getting the Ribeye and Grilled Shrimp for your entrée. Go catch the latest rom-com at the Regal Cinema next door, then take your Valentine to dinner at The Yard House to make your night complete!

The Q Restaurant

If you and your Valentine love creating your own dining masterpiece, you will have a blast at The Q Restaurant! The restaurant features comfy booths, a lounge area, and amazing Hot Pot and Sushi that will make this Valentine’s Day a fun experience for sure. Perfect for a cold winter evening, the steamy Hot Pot will be sure to keep you and your Valentine warm. The signature Snow Mountain sushi roll is a perfect item to munch on while you wait for your Hot Pot to arrive. Prices range from $10 to $20 for entrées. The restaurant is just two blocks away from Emerson College and Boston’s downtown theatre district, so drop off those backpacks and head to The Q Restaurant this Valentine’s Day!

Top of the Hub

Saving the best for last, if you want to take your Valentine out for a night they will never forget, Boston’s Top of the Hub restaurant will deliver a truly one-of-a-kind dining experience. The restaurant features upscale American fare, live jazz music, and 360-degree views from the top of the Prudential Center. Soaring 52 floors above the Back Bay, Top of the Hub is known as Boston’s most romantic dining experience. For dinner, you and your Valentine will be given a 4 course prix-fixe menu, which comes to $150.00 per person. While this is very expensive, the entire dining experience is around four hours long, so this is not your normal dinner. You will be given choices for your soup selection, appetizer, entrée, and dessert. I recommend the Chateaubriand for the main course. The Valentine’s Dessert Medley is stunning, and your Valentine will definitely be snapping pictures all night. Be sure to make a reservation in advance.

Sabrina Silos

Emerson '19

I love reporting, producing, and theme parks!
Emerson contributor