Book Review: Little Moments of Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

In case you haven’t heard of it, Catana Comics is a comic series by Catana Chetwynd. Chetwynd drew these cute comics of her and her boyfriend John, at first just for him but then John convinced Catana to share her comics with the world and they have blown up in a major way. If you’re curious to check out Catana Comics before reading the rest of this review, you can check out their website, their Instagram, their Twitter, and their Facebook.

In addition to Chetwynd’s online content a Catana Comics book has also been published this year called Little Moments of Love. Catana Comics holds a special place in my heart because my boyfriend started sending me the comics, and then when I found the Catana Comics Instagram I got so excited and immediately started sending my boyfriend the same cute relationship comics. This past weekend my boyfriend got me Chetwynd’s book, and that meant so much to be considering how much I associate these comics with our relationship.

Little Moments of Love is a short read, which makes it really easy to check out when you need a break from studying or working, and it makes it really easy to refer back to. All the comics are also extremely cute, and so many of them had me giggling to myself. There wasn’t a single comic in there I didn’t enjoy immensely. While I have seen quite a few Catana Comics in sending them back-and-forth with my boyfriend, a lot of, if not most of the comics I saw in this I was seeing for the first time, which made the book feel even more worth reading. My boyfriend was doing his own thing while I was reading this in his room, and whenever he would ask me how the book is or which ones I would like so far, I would just show him all the pages I read since he last asked because I loved all of them.

Chetwynd’s comics are so relatable. I think we all have moments when we can see ourselves in Catana or John in the comics. But even if I didn’t have this personal connection to Catana Comics I would still love this book, and Chetwynd’s comics, so much because they are so funny and so adorable.

Overall, I highly recommend this book, and checking out Catana Comics online in general, if you want something that will brighten your day. Little Moments of Love is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. At the time of writing this article Little Moments of Love is in the finals of the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards for Best Graphic Novels & Comics.

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor