Best & Worst Dressed at the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Sunday night brought out all the stars dressed to the nine’s to the 2014 Academy Awards, but unfortunately some of them didn’t score that high with us. 

BEST DRESSED

Current Fashion A-Lister and ‘Best Supporting Actress’ Winner for her role of Patesy in 12 Years a Slave Lupita Nyong’o looked beautiful in a ‘Nairobi Blue’ Prada gown, and Fred Leighton jewels. 

Sandra Bullock didn’t win for ‘Best Actress’ for her starring role in Gravity, but she makes our best dressed list in a navy Alexander McQueen dress, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Angelina Jolie rocked the sheer neutral dress trend in a long-sleeve Elie Saab dress, Robert Procop jewels, Ferragamo shoes, a Ferragamo bag, but her best accessory of the evening was her gorgeous hubby Brad Pitt whose film 12 Years A Slave that he produced and starred in won ‘Best Picture.’

WORST DRESSED

Chris Hemsworth’s wife Elsa Pataky is ready to pop, and we give her major credit for hitting the red carpet when you’re that far along with twins, but the dress just wasn’t flattering with the open sides. She wore an Elie Saab gown, Judith Leiber bag, Graziela Gems earrings, Dana Rebecca Designs bracelet, and a Broken English ring.

Sally Hawkins, nominated for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her role in Blue Jasmine didn’t quite hit the mark with the shimmering neutral trend (see above how Angelina Jolie pulled it off) in her Valentino long-sleeve dress and Fred Leighton jewels. This just looked a little too heavy and swallowed up her tiny frame.

Just like Sally Hawkins, Flemish Actress Veerle Baetens looked completely swallowed up in her Marie Jo dress. She has a great figure, and her hair and makeup were gorgeous, but the dress didn’t do anything for her.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor