This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

So much incredible music has been released in the past few months, and it’s nearly impossible to try to keep up with all of them. The following ten songs are a few of my favorite songs of the early winter of 2018. Many of them came out recently, but a few are older songs that I’ve fallen in love with in the past months. Enjoy!

1. “thank u, next” — Ariana Grande. This is such a great song, and I’ve been really enjoying the brand-new music video!

2. “Greek God” — Conan Gray. I’ve been following Conan’s YouTube channel for around a year now, and his debut EP was amazing, just as I expected. This is probably my favorite song from it, though.

3. “Nobody” — Mitski. I’ve been listening to Mitski’s music for around a year now, and her fifth album, Be The Cowboy, is probably my favorite album she’s ever put out. This song is my favorite off that album, but I highly recommend the whole album.

4. “Just Like Love” — Perfume Genius. One of my friends recommended his music to me a few months ago, and, although I haven’t listened to much of his music, I adore this song.

5. “Movement” — Hozier. Does this even need an explanation? Hozier is consistently incredible, and this song is no different.

6. “Me & My Dog” — boygenius. I adore every song off the boygenius EP, but this one is probably my favorite.

7. “Golden” — Hippo Campus. I love all of their music, but this song is so pretty and sweet!

8. “Space Song” — Beach House. I haven’t listened to any of their other music, but this song is very atmospheric and perfect for falling asleep to.

9. “Follow My Girl” — The Japanese House. This song came up on my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify recently, and, although I haven’t listened to much of The Japanese House’s other music, I really love this song.

10. “Imaginary Parties” — Superfruit. It’s such a fun song! If you like Pentatonix, I recommend checking Superfruit out, since Mitch Grassi and Scott Hoying from Pentatonix are the two members of this pop group.

Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/annexelizabeth/playlist/71VvtqHYqraCIjef9lkhlx?si=dAOZH2DLTKmg_HHTtnUWcA

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a
Emerson contributor