The Best Series on Netflix to Watch This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means: hours upon hours of binge-watching Netflix is around the corner as well. But with so many options to choose from and limited hours during the day, choosing the right TV to spend 10 hours watching consecutively can be tough. So if you are feeling indecisive, here are a few good choices.

Orange is the New Black 

The newest season of this Emmy-award winning series is set to be released June 17th, giving you plenty of time to catch up on all of the happenings in Litchfield Prison prior to season 4. With humor, struggles, love and sex, Orange is the New Black has everything you could ask for in a series. So whether you are new to the show or are looking to refresh your memory on everything that has occurred thus far (and trust me, it’s a lot), watching seasons 1, 2, 3, or the soon to be released season 4 is the perfect summer time series.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

If you are already caught up with Orange is the New Black and need something to watch while you wait for the next season to come, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a great option for a funny, entertaining show to watch, especially when you are in the mood for something cute and uplifting. And with its second season having been released this April, you will have plenty of new shows to watch this summer!

Friends

It doesn’t matter how old the show gets or even how many times you have seen each episode; Friends is timeless. It is a lighthearted sitcom that is sure to entertain you no matter what. You don’t even have to watch the seasons in the correct order to enjoy the show (although I would recommend that you do). And with only 21-minute episodes, you almost don’t feel guilty about watching 15 in a row. 

Just because it is summer doesn’t mean you need to be out doing crazy things and being constantly busy. Sometimes, we all need a little “me time.” And in some cases, that me time comes from binge-watching an entire series over the course of a few days. So enjoy!

Emerson contributor