This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

When in Boston, there are certain things you have to do; you have to shop on Newbury Street; you have to get a cannoli from Mike’s; you have to take a Duck Tour that will take you through Boston’s rich history. A day in Boston is endless. But amidst all this history and culture and art, where do you go when you just want a nice picture with a few friends? Look no further, because here are the top spots in Boston to flash a smile, laugh with friends, and capture moments that will live on in your memories—and probably in a Facebook album titled So Boston—for years to come.

First on the list is the always-beautiful Public Garden. Seriously, it’s always so gorgeous! Whether it’s 12 degrees or 1200, you’ll always get a great picture. The flowers are vibrant and stunning, the pond is full of life, and when the leaves change there’s probably nothing prettier—believe me, I’ve done my fair share of scouring this city for places to take pictures. This is the perfect background for any photo you and your friends could take while on your adventures through Boston!

Another great spot for laughs and smiles is the enchanting North End. Full of quaint little street and delicious baked goods, this is definitely the place to go when you want some history. It’s always an adventure, and with a little snooping around you’ll find beautiful hidden gems. There are vine covered churches and benches hidden under the canopy of vibrant green trees. Pictures you take here will capture memories and a majestic beauty that’ll last a lifetime!

A place that may seem very obvious, or maybe it’s not so obvious at all, is the Museum of Fine Arts. Of course, when at a museum it’s natural to take pictures. But getting pictures with friends while you stand in front of one of Van Gogh’s classics—a respectful distance away of course—can be very special and fun and hey, it’s killing two birds with one stone because you’ll look cute while also looking like a cultured adult!

Now, when venturing to Boston, many people think the college to visit is Harvard. And while the campus is gorgeous, the buildings and the grounds and the city of Cambridge itself cute and enchanting, there’s another campus that I’d say is just as beautiful. Nestled at the end of the green line is Boston College. And let me tell you, this place is a real-life Hogwarts. It has castles and staircases and churches and oh my goodness it’s almost too cute to handle. Boston College is the perfect spot for daylong photo-shoots because there’s just so much to discover!

Cambridge is full of beautiful architecture and landscapes. But a spot not common to many, a place most people wouldn’t think about when deciding to spend the day taking pictures, is the ever-beautiful Mount Auburn Cemetery. Now I know what you’re thinking, a cemetery? Really? But hear me out! The trees drape across the grounds like they do in movies! The flowers and the gardens and the beautiful statues that are situated throughout this cemetery are seriously remarkable. I went on a photo-shoot here with my suitemates and there wasn’t one picture we thought didn’t look amazing!

If you really want to capture the city of Boston in your pictures, a great place to go is the Water Front. Just keep going past Faneuil Hall, just across from the Aquarium and you’ll find a little boating dock where you can sit at 5am to watch the sunrise. It’s truly magical. You and your friends can get pictures of the harbor and the city skyline while taking in the stunning morning sun. It’s definitely an experience everyone should have at least once while in Boston, and the pictures will have all your other friends dying with jealousy!

Whether you’re here for the weekend or for the semester, there’ll always be a place for you to set your camera on a timer to capture a family photo that’ll live on for years to come. This city is full of beauty and life and art and so many wonderful backdrops to make an album with friends or family unique and special. Some spots may seem obvious, and others not so much. There’s so much to take in that it’s impossible to get pictures everywhere. But with these spots, you’ll have the best pictures around!

Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.