This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Now that it’s getting warmer out, it’s a lot easier to explore Boston. The North End is one of the most historic Boston neighborhoods with the Old North Church, Paul Revere House and Harborwalk. It’s also filled with Italian culture and with it, many amazing bakeries! So if you’re looking for something to do and it’s warmer than 50 degrees outside, heading to the North End with friends to sample traditional Italian pastries is a great plan! Take a look at a small fraction of the best of that the North End has to offer:

1. Bova’s

From cannoli to giant cookies and even sandwiches, Bova’s has it all! Located on Salem St. in the North End, Bova’s serves all of their pastries right out of the oven and when it comes to baked goods, it can’t get fresher than that! This bakery is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, so whether you’re craving sweets at 11 am or 11 pm, Bova’s has you covered!

hubchow.com

2. Mike’s Pastry

If you haven’t been to Mike’s Pastry and you’ve been living in Boston since the fall, you’ve been missing out on possibly the best cookies you will ever have in your life! Not to mention, with over fifty varieties of cookies including White Cherry Macaroon, Vanilla Florentine, and Chocolate Fudge Sandwich, it’s pretty hard not to find something you like. Mike’s Pastry is a bakery staple in the North End and has been since 1946, so stop missing out and head on over!

tinyurbankitchen.com

3. Lulu’s Sweet Shoppe

If there’s one word that could accurately describe Lulu’s Sweet Shoppe at 57 Salem St., it would most definitely be “cute.” Lulu’s is basically every five-year-old princess’s dream bakery and even at 20 years old, it will have you in awe. Lulu’s has everything from candy to ice cream to cupcakes, though they’re primarily known for being Boston’s first Gourmet Cupcake Shop. With all cupcakes baked in store daily and flavors like Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake and Pistachio with Port Wine, it’s hard to keep yourself from going there right now!

yelp.com

4. Maria’s Pastry Shop

Maria’s Pastry Shop may not look like much on the outside, but don’t be fooled, because it is filled with Boston’s Best Cannoli! Located on 46 Cross St. in the North End, Maria’s Pastry is a North End favorite. If their famous cannoli aren’t enough to convince you to try them for yourself, they also have lobster tails and Italian classics such as Sfogliatelles and Crispelles.

stay.com

Emerson contributor