This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I picked these albums as my favorites of the year. Not only are these artists/bands that I really love, but the lyrics are the best parts of these songs that I chose.

1.) Bambi by Hippo Campus

2.) Sweetener by Ariana Grande

3.) Malibu Nights by LANY

4.) Heard It In A Past Life by Maggie Rogers

Best song on each Album

1. “Anxious” – “Anxious” is the first song written by bassist Zach Sutton, and rightfully my favorite. This song touches on the tough subject of anxiety and mental health overall and in the perfect way.

2. “better off/”get well soon”– “better off” is one of my favorites off of this album because it’s so personal and well written. “get well soon” is also one of my favorites because it also talks about anxiety, especially after the Manchester Shooting. Ariana Grande also made the song 5 min, 22 sec long to pay a tribute to the shooting that was on May 22nd

3. “Let Me Know”– “Let Me Know” is one of LANY’s best songs because of the mellow beat, but also because of the extremely emotionally vulnerable lyrics

4. “Light On”– “Light On” by Maggie Rogers is also one of my favorites because it’s so personal but extremely well written about Maggie’s experience with fame that seemed to be overnight, and how it was difficult to deal with but she finds strength in her fans, which makes it even more empowering!

Emerson contributor