This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Ashley Crocker

Major: Visual Media Arts: Film Post-Production

Year: 2015

Hobbies: Video Games, Movies, Swimming, Drawing, Working with Computers, Personal Fitness, Exploring Boston, Traveling, and Writing

What are you involved in on campus? Emertainment Monthly, Video Game Columnist Emerson College Conduct Board, Student Member EC League of Legends Club, President & Founder

What can we expect with your work with these organizations? Well. For the EC League of Legends Club I hope to make it a Student Government Association Recognized Club. Last week it was formally recognized by Riot Games and became a member of the League of Legends Collegiate program. I am very passionate about video games and the competitive video game community. My personal goal for the club is to make sure it lasts after I graduate next year! I think competitive gaming is a young community but just like any “sports” club it shows a lot of promise for helping young people connect with one another. I hope to make it an important part of the Emerson College Extra Curricular! As for the other two clubs, I’m a happy member of both. I spend most of my administrative abilities on the League Club so am happy to just be a participant in the others.

What can we expect from you in the future (project wise)? Despite being a post-production major and following a career path that is heavy in “projects” I’m actually considering going onto grad school or trying to find a way into the video game industry. This means that the projects I do aren’t so much editing related or film related but projects that keep me up-to-date on the video game world! My project for this summer is to get a paper published that I wrote last year about the History of the MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). As stated above I’m also interested in getting involved in the E-Sports (Electronic Sports) community!

Who or what inspires you? My parents are a huge inspiration to me. They’re two people who do what they do because they love it and that’s something I try to strive for in my everyday life. They’re kind and caring and a lot of fun to be around. They’ve given me so much and I can only hope that I make them proud and that someday I can give back to them too.

Biggest accomplishment so far at Emerson? I started a club. And got it recognized by one of the largest, most successful video game companies in the world. Next step: get it recognized by the College. I guess it’s totally unrelated to my major but as I see it I’ve built up a community of a lot of awesome people and I’m proud of that.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Doing something I love. My favorite quote ever would be: “Far and Away the Best Prize Life can Offer is the Chance to Work hard at Work Worth Doing” – Teddy Roosevelt.

Dream job? Riot Games in their Video Post Production sector working on their live E-Sports shows.

If you could trade lives with a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why? Ellen. Why. I guess she just seems like a good-hearted person who loves seeing the brightness in the world around her. I’m a huge fan of her.

Emerson contributor