Albums Coming Out in the Next Couple Months that You Should Start Getting Excited About Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Foster the People – Supermodel – March 18th

If you say you didn’t love to jam out to their 2010 breakout hit, “Pumped Up Kicks”, then you’re definitely lying. Their slightly less popular, but equally as catchy, “Don’t Stop (Color on the Walls)” was a song that I couldn’t resist car-karaoke-ing to. Their upcoming album, slated for a mid-march release, is said to have a more natural sound than their first album, Torches, which was definitely electronically influenced. They released their first single, “Coming of Age”, in the middle of January, and I definitely encourage you to check it out.

Lily Allen – Sheezus – TBD

Though we haven’t been given an exact release date for Allen’s follow up to her Feburary 2009 album, It’s Not Me It’s You, which featured hits like, “F**k You” and “The Fear”, Lily has said that it should be this spring. Her album name is pretty obviously a nod to Kanye West, but she posted to twitter, “It’s an homage, not a p*** take. #SHEEZUS”, for anyone confused about this decision. She already released the single “Hard Out Here” in November, and if that’s a sign on the quality of her upcoming album, then I can’t wait!

Lucy Hale – Road Between – June 3rd

I’m from Texas, so I HAD to include a country album. But this isn’t just any country old country artist; this is Lucy Hale (aka Aria from everyone’s favorite show, Pretty Little Liars). She released her first single, “You Sound Good to Me”, in the beginning of January and it was very well received. Besides that small taste, we don’t know what to expect from this new artist. So, my advice? Check it out even if you don’t see yourself as country-lover. You could be surprised!

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor