etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

There are so many movies coming out in 2019. Whether you like going to the theaters or watching movies in your own space, here are some movies to check out this year!

1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Okay, confession time: I haven’t watched the How to Train Your Dragon movies besides part of the first one. Whoops. So why am I dropping this movie here? Because people I know who have seen these movies looove this series. And they’re so excited for this movie. So, yeah there’s a good chance I’m watching the first two movies this year before watching the newest one. You can check out the second official trailer and watch the movie in full starting February 22nd.

2. Captain Marvel

Are you ready for a new badass superhero? Because I’m sure ready to say hello to Captain Marvel. Seriously, if you haven’t seen the Captain Marvel trailer yet, take a moment to check it out. Grab your besties and some popcorn, and celebrate International Women’s Day, March 8th, with a new heroine.

3. Us

When the trailer for Us came out, it was everywhere and everyone was talking about it. This movie is bound to do well. If you haven’t seen the Us trailer yet, check it out. It looks so interesting, watching a family have to fight a sort of projection of themselves to survive. I’m definitely going to be on the edge of my seat watching this. The movie drops on March 22nd.

4. Avengers: End GameIt’s the end of an era. I honestly can’t believe we’re finally getting the last Avengers movie. After the cliffhanger we were left with in 2018, Marvel has a lot of ends to tie before we can say goodbye to this series. Watch the trailer and get ready, because this finale is heading to the silver screen on April 26th.

5. AladdinAs excited as I am for this movie, I can’t help but get a little sad about Robin Williams not being around to reprise his role as Genie, or to see the movie come to life 27 years later. But back to my excitement for this movie, I love the songs from Aladdin, and the original is always fun to watch. I’m hoping we’ll be able to see more than this little teaser trailer soon, but at least the movie is coming out on May 24th.

6. The Lion KingThe Lion King is one of the most iconic Disney movies out there, and with a cast that spectacular, this remake is bound to be amazing. Check out the official teaser trailer for this movie, and make sure you bring tissues to this movie. “Be prepared”: The Lion King is out in theaters July 19th.

7. It: Chapter Two

The first It movie was creepy. Good, but sooo creepy. I really hope we don’t have a bunch of random clowns pop up again before this movie comes out because I’m not having a repeat of 2016. Horror isn’t my favorite genre, although I’ve grown to like it more since my boyfriend loves horror movies. So while I’m not big on clowns, I’m sure I’ll be watching this movie. Because, yeah I love my boyfriend, but yeah I’m also curious about where this movie is going to go. I didn’t find an official trailer for this movie, but it’s coming to theaters on September 6th.

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor