6 Boston Events for the Last 6 Weeks of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s crazy to think about, but there’s only six more weekends left until the end of the school year. With only a limited amount of weeks left in the city, it’s time to start planning out what you and your friends will be doing on the weekends! Take a look at these six events going on in the Boston area throughout the next few weeks to get some ideas on how to spend your precious time here!

1. March 27-29: Boston Underground Film Festival (BUFF)

For film-loving Emersonians, this event is a must! For four days, there will be a “celebration of the bizarre and insane” at the Brattle Theater at Harvard Square in Cambridge. The 17th Annual Boston Underground Film Festival will consist of short films, cartoons, music videos, and awards. For a complete schedule, click here

2. April 3-5: Go See The Blue Man Group

The Blue Man Group will be one of the craziest shows you will ever see! Imagine grown men, painted blue, doing hilarious acts to music… well, that’s only the start of it. You can check out the schedule for Blue Man Group performances on their website and for just $30, you could get student rush tickets with your Emerson student ID. To learn more about how you could get student rush tickets, click here!

blueman.com

3. April 10-12: Go See a Show!

There are a few great concerts going on in Boston the weekend of April 10th! Just to note a few, Walk the Moon will be playing at the House of Blues on April 11th and Matt and Kim will be at the House of Blues on April 12th. If you want to check out more concerts going on in Boston during the entire month of April, look here

4. April 17-20: Marathon Weekend

The Boston Marathon is one of the most important events in Boston all year. On Monday April 20th, runners will start the marathon route in Hopkinton and finish at Copley – a total of 26.2 miles. Take the day to show your Boston pride and cheer on all of the runners with your friends! Not to mention, after the race there is a Post-Race Party at Fenway Park presented by Samuel Adams with dancing, beer, and a celebration of the Marathon winners.

usatoday.com

5. April 24-26: Take a Ride on the Swan Boats

There’s no better time to take a ride on the Swan Boats at the Boston Common than in the spring. Weather permitting, the boats are open every day and tickets for adults are only $3.50!

wikipedia

6. May 1-3: The Walk For Hunger

The Walk For Hunger will be taking place on Sunday, May 3rd starting at 7:00 am at the Boston Common. Over 40,000 walk each year to raise money in an effort to end hunger. The walking route is 20 miles and goes through Boston, Brookline, Newton, Watertown, and Cambridge. The weather will be beautiful and you will be raising money to help others, so why not walk?

projectbread.org

Don’t waste any time planning your final weekends in Boston. Take these ideas and incorporate them into your plans!

Emerson contributor