5 Websites/Playlists to Use and Listen to During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re anything like me, it’s practically impossible to study in either complete silence, or music that will make you want to get up, dance, and sing every single lyric. With trying to stay productive and focused in quarantine for the past year, I’ve found some websites and playlists that have helped tremendously during study time. Here are some of my recommendations!

Lifeat.io

I first discovered lifeat.io on TikTok, and it is such a cool concept that makes studying ten times less distracting, and ten times more aesthetic. You can choose from multiple sceneries, from an outdoor cafe to the waterfalls of a tropical island, and you can also control the volume of the ambience. Lifeat.io also has a Pomodoro timer you can use so you can space out your scheduled study time versus break time. It’s really nice to have this website going on in the background while you are studying, and it’s especially serene when you’re busy with finals.

Sounds of Disneyland

I’ve used this website more times than I can count, and it’s such a great website to use while in the zone. Sounds of Disneyland is a website that basically has every song from the Disneyland Resort you can think of. From Main Street U.S.A. to the World of Color to even the Disneyland Hotel, Sounds of Disneyland has a wide selection of music you can choose to listen to. The website also features Disney Parks music from previous decades, so you can take a journey back in time while your head is in the books. I usually listen to the Area Loops, since there usually aren’t any lyrics for me to sing along to, and they go on for long periods of time. The website is also just very visually pleasing to the eye, with every part of the park divided into sections. Give it a try—I guarantee you that you’re going to want to have this bookmarked!

I Miss My Cafe

This is another website I found on TikTok, and the dark academia vibes this website has are absolutely immaculate. If you are a sucker for studying or doing work in your local cafe, this is the website for you. The website allows you to listen to the parts of what makes a cafe so comforting to study in from the comfort of your own home, like the sound of baristas preparing drinks, or the chatter of other customers inside the cafe. I Miss My Cafe is similar to lifeat.io in the way that you can control the volume of the ambience to your liking. The website also has a Spotify playlist attached, as well as an option for dark mode. I highly recommend this website for anyone who finds themselves most productive at a coffee shop, and misses the ambience and good vibes of a cozy cafe.

“This is Studio Ghibli” on Spotify

If you’re a huge fan of Studio Ghibli movies like I am, you’re going to want to check out “This is Studio Ghibli” on Spotify. This playlist, curated by Spotify, is a compilation of multiple scores and songs from the famous film franchise. It is also three hours long, so the duration is perfect for a study session. I honestly listen to this playlist pretty regularly, even when I’m not studying, just because it’s really comforting to listen to, especially during a rough time. 

Lofi Hip Hop Radio on YouTube

My go-to for a study session, especially when I don’t know how long it is going to be, is the Lofi Hip Hop Radio live stream, which you can find on YouTube. The Lofi Hip Hop Radio is a continuous live stream that plays relaxing lofi hip hop beats, and this is great to have in the background while studying. The girl with headphones and the green sweater is pretty recognizable now, and I’m glad this live stream has gone for so long, and is continuing to help many others be productive in their own ways. 

Marieska Luzada is a sophomore at Emerson College at Boston, MA majoring in journalism and minoring in publishing. Besides writing for HerCampus, you can find her drafting an a capella arrangement, drinking an iced matcha latte, reading a young adult contemporary, or listening to Studio Ghibli movie soundtracks.
Emerson contributor