photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Ways to Relax This Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Thanksgiving break is finally around the corner. In just a few days, we’ll be off on planes, trains, and in cars to reach our destinations. When we finally get home, we’re going to want to relax. After all of the tests, projects and events we’ve been involved with, it might seem difficult. However, we’ve got 5 great ways to guarantee a relaxing and fun break.

Curl up with a book and your favorite coffee!

1. Enjoy Your Home 

We’re finally home, and what better way to relax than to enjoy our favorite parts of our hometowns? Heading out to our favorite breakfast spot or catching up with friends at a local café are stress-free ways to enjoy our time at home. Watch a movie, take a hike or shop at your favorite local store. Whatever you choose to do, make sure it makes you happy. 

2. Eat Good Food

Enjoying favorite Thanksgiving foods and other homemade favorites is one of the best parts of break. We don’t have to worry about counting the last of our Board Bucks or DH swipes. Cooking or baking is also very relaxing—try to make at least one of those recipes you’ve pinned to your Pinterest board.

3. Read A Book

Reading textbooks is one thing, but reading a great novel is another! We should definitely catch up on some reading over break, as it’s a great way to relax our busy minds and get lost in a story. Sipping on some coffee or hot cocoa with a good book is always a go-to relaxing afternoon activity.

4. Finals? Don’t Stress!

We all are working so hard to come up with our final project ideas that it’s easy to let them consume our mind. However, when we finally fly or drive home, those worries should be put behind us. Finals will be back at school when break is over, but for now, let’s enjoy this time off.

5. Unplug

Of course it’s fun to check in with friends and wish them a happy holiday, but we shouldn’t let it take over our time with family and friends at home. They’re so excited to see us, so we should take a break from all of the media and relax with them. Posting is fun and all, but living in the moment is definitely more enjoyable and rewarding. 

Happy Thanksgiving! HCXO!

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor