neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips on How to Manage a Busy Schedule

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Ever feel like there’s not enough time in the day to get to everything on your to-do list? Ever feel like you’re overworking yourself, or that you are always forgetting something? Are classes and extracurriculars stressing you out? Well fret no longer! Here are five helpful tips on how to manage a busy schedule, for the collegiette who’s always on the go. 

1. Use a planner

Using a planner keeps you organized and focused, because it helps you visualize everything you will have to do in the coming week.  It also serves as a reference for all of your appointments and meetings if you have that creeping feeling that you are forgetting something. 

2. Look ahead

Don’t let assignments sneak up on you! Keep track of all the due dates for important projects in your classes. If you can, try to start them early. It will save you a lot of stress later on in the semester.

3. Take time for yourself

It’s hard to be productive if you’re frazzled and exhausted.  Take breaks, have fun and do what you need to do to take care of yourself. 

4. Don’t be afraid to say no

Know your limits.  If you are already feeling overwhelmed by your workload, it’s probably not the best idea to take on extra responsibilities.  Prioritize the items on your to-do list and only agree to more tasks if you know you can swing it.  

5. Maintain a healthy sleep schedule

It is important to take care of your body during stressful times.  This may sound impossible, but try your best to get a full eight hours of sleep each night.  It will help you stay healthy, happy and productive. 

Melissa Close is from Waterford, Connecticut. She is majoring in Writing, Literature & Publishing at Emerson College.
Emerson contributor