5 Signs Spring Has Come to Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Whether you love this time of year or totally dread it, spring in Boston is definitely a unique experience. Here are five telltale signs it’s springtime in the city!

1. The Common looks beautiful

One of the best parts about spring in Boston is how lovely Boston Common and the Public Garden look! All of the trees are in bloom, the swan boats are returning to the pond and the animals are out of hibernation. The Common is a great place to relax during the stressful final weeks of classes!

2. The weather is all over the place

Just when you think it’s time to put your winter coat away, it starts snowing! New England’s notoriously weird weather definitely doesn’t take a break in the spring. It’s time to pull out the winter gear, your shorts and an umbrella! 

3. Students are making poor decisions

Spring Fever seems to hit college students harder than everyone else. Once April comes along, everyone is just about ready for summer. In the last few weeks of school, the parties get louder, homework gets forgotten and alarms seem to malfunction left and right. 

4. Tourists are out in full-force

Nothing says “spring” like almost being hit by one of those world famous Duck Boats! Everywhere you look, cameras are flashing and maps are being held in the air. If you’re suddenly being asked for directions every day, you’re not alone. 

5. The events are awesome

Whether you’re excited about the Boston Marathon, a networking mixer, a book launch or a new museum exhibit, you’re constantly getting dressed up to go to another event. Springtime events can be super fun, but also totally exhausting!

Spring in Boston certainly has its pros and cons, but if you’re hating it, have no fear; summer break is just a few weeks away! 

Ashley is a senior Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College. She will graduate in December 2016. She loves playing with clothes and make-up, traveling, and drinking way too much coffee. Friends and family, cute animals, (especially her own), and dessert make her happy. 
Emerson contributor