This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With so much going on during spring semester, it can be hard to spare time for getting ready. While we all strive for gorgeous locks and great styles, it’s just not always possible when you’re on a time crunch. Lucky for you, we’ve got some simple spring styles that won’t take more than five minutes!

1. Loose fishtail

This intricate looking braid actually isn’t so complicated! Begin by dividing your hair into two even sections. Take a strand from the outside of one section and cross it to the inside of the other section. Continue this process with both sections until you reach the end of your hair. Then loosen it up for a fresh boho look.

2. Tuck and cover

Slide on a stretchy headband to hold back your hair, and put another one on slightly onto your forehead – this one will be the one you tuck hair into. Starting on one side of the back of your head, take a small section of hair and roll and tuck it into the headband. Take another small section of hair next to it and combine it with the tail of the previously tucked strand. Continue this until all hair is tucked into the band. To finish, slide the headband over the first to cover it up.

Watch the video tutorial here.

3. Sock bun

Want a classic top bun without the fuss? Start by pulling your hair and tying into a high ponytail. Hold your ponytail straight up and slip a rolled sock or foam bun doughnut over the ends. Begin rolling the ends of your hair into the sock. Roll the sock down the ponytail toward your head, making sure the hair is spread evenly. Set the bun with bobby pins and hairspray.

4. Side braid

Channel your inner Lauren Conrad with this classic look. Take the top section of your hair on one side of your part, braid it to your ear, and secure with a bobby pin or clear elastic. Leave the rest down or pull it up into a clean pony.

5. French waves

Get the work over with the night before and wake up looking great. French braid towel dried or damp hair and secure it with a clear elastic before going to bed. When you wake up, take the braid out, spruce it up with some hairspray, and you’ll be ready to go with some gorgeous beachy waves.

Not all of us have the time or skills to master those complicated braids and cheeky chignons. Try one of these five styles and you’ll be looking chic in five minutes or less.

Megan is a Community Manager at Her Campus, working to grow and maintain networks of 3300+ Influencers and 1000+ High School Ambassadors. She conceptualizes and executes new programming initiatives for network members, assists the Integrated Marketing team on paid client campaigns for bloggers and ambassadors, and serves as the public face of both the InfluenceHer Collective and the High School Ambassador Program.
Emerson contributor