main picjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
main picjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Kait D\'Souza
Style

5 Insta Worthy Styles to Try Out This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As the weather gets colder, wearing picture-perfect dresses and shorts is more and more unreasonable in the battle against the fall wind and lack of sunshine. The following five outfits are not only perfect for staying warm but looking cute doing it.

Orange Denim Jacket

In the fall, it’s not cold enough to wear a heavy coat, but definitely not warm enough to leave your dorm without something to keep you from shivering on your way to class. A denim jacket in a cozy dark orange is the ultimate solution that’s perfect for school and social media. Not only is it the perfect balance between fashionable and functional, but you can also pair it with blue jeans without looking like a denim disaster.

Overall Dress

When you’re trying to battle the wind, it’s hard to look cute doing it. A neutral brown overall dress layered on top of a chic turtleneck is the answer to all your windy day problems while also being ‘gram-able. Pairing it with leggings and cute boots makes warmth look classy and fabulous just like Coco Chanel would have wanted.

Corduroy Pants

Every fall lineup needs a soft pair of orange corduroy pants to brighten up an outfit as hours of sunny days disappear. Not only do pants in bright colors radiate warmth, but they also hint at fun which will liven up your feed in the colder months. With a fun printed, black-and-white top, the pants can really stand out exuding style and creating a look that feels like you’ve just stepped off the runway.

Brown Moto Jacket

Sometimes, you just gotta wear something cute despite the freezing weather so a solid motorcycle jacket in a grounding brown is a lifesaver. Bring a classic look to a flowing blouse and skirt through cute leather (or pleather) jackets that add a badass look to your feed. 

Black Boots

A stylish pair of waterproof boots are perfect for stomping around on leaves and splashing in puddles. A solid black pair go with every outfit imaginable and bring power poses to every Insta picture.

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.
Emerson contributor