5fun thingsjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
5fun thingsjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Kait DSouza

5 Fun Things To Do In Boston With Your Bestie Before Fall Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston is beautiful in the autumn; with the leaves turning pretty colors and exciting events like river races and fall festivals. And the season is even more fun when you have a bestie to share it with. Here are five things you have to do with your closest bud before winter sets in.

Have a photoshoot in the Boston Common

With all the reds, golds, and greens in the park, it’s the perfect time to take colorful pictures in the Common before the leaves fall and leave the trees barren and brown. Throwing leaves into the air and taking selfies while they fall is the perfect addition to your Instagram feed for the fall season.

Stock up on sweaters at the thrift store

With the weather getting colder, it’s time to head to one of the many thrift stores in the Boston/Cambridge area to raid their warm clothes section. Besties are essential for recommendations and a second opinion on the clothes you’re getting. Don’t forget to flash your college ID and ask about discounts (most Goodwills give college students 10% off). ​

Check out the autumn constellations at the Boston University Observatory

On Wednesdays, we don’t just wear pink—we also go to Public Open Night at the BU Observatory. It’s a totally free event that’s open to the entire public. Andromeda, Perseus, and Cassiopeia can only be seen in the fall months so be sure to check out the observatory before the season ends. Tickets can be found here!

Have a picnic in the Boston Public Garden

Picnics are a great way to celebrate fall before the weather gets too cold to even think about spending a prolonged amount of time outdoors. Bonus points if you buy in-season fruits and vegetables like apples and pumpkins at the Boston Public Market to make your picnic treats!

Rent kayaks and race down the Charles River

‘Tis the season for rowing competitions, but you don’t have to be a pro to have a friendly competition with your bestie. Get your Head of the Charles on and see who can get the farthest before getting tired. All that exercise is the perfect excuse to warm up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte afterward! ​

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.
Emerson contributor