This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

While TikTok is a complicated app with a sophisticated algorithm, sometimes the content on your “For You” page simply doesn’t work for you—I seem to get caught in a cycle of poorly-made lip-syncing attempts and overused clips of the same cute puppies. I like to use TikTok kind of in the same way people use Pinterest: for some inspiration. This inspiration often comes from baking businesses, recipes, tutorials, and food reviews in general. After spending way too long on the app over the past few months, I’ve come up with a good list of food influencers that will change your life in their own unique way and definitely help your “For You” page algorithm transition into the infamous realm of “food TikTok” (the best side of the app). Here are some of my favorite creators!

@kate

A few months ago she was also known as @katefromtiktok, viral sensation Kate has gained a huge following in less than a year by posting entertaining mukbangs, Christmas video reviews, and videos of her beautiful relationship with food with the rest of the world. I followed her from the beginning, and watching her gain so many followers has been inspiring for me. She explains her recovery from her history of eating disorders while posting hilarious clips of herself eating her favorite foods. She has coined the phrase “big daddy bite” in reference to bites of some of the meals she shares in her videos and frequently goes on live to converse with her followers in a personal, genuine way. She is probably my favorite influencer right now just because of how realistic and relatable her content is.

@britannilancaster

There is only one word to fully encapsulate the awesomeness of Brittani Lancaster: queen! A recent grad of the University of Oregon, Brittani focuses mostly on eating disorder recovery, intuitive eating, and enormous amounts of body positivity. Nearly every day, she posts her famous ‘what I eat in a day’ videos where she not only encourages her recovering followers to eat in a healthy and wholesome way, but also provides some amazing food inspo! She has also quickly become a viral sensation for her kind personality and positive message. Her videos will easily brighten your day and incorporate some body positivity in your everyday feed.

@ballehurns

Halle Burns’ page is the best place to go when you’re feeling exhausted and in need of some relaxing ASMR. While her gentle voice and eerily quiet kitchen might destress you, her recipes are also unique, healthy, and vegan/vegetarian. What I specifically love about her recent content is that most of her recipes and videos are made inside of her college dorm and with affordable, everyday food items most college students should have handy. They are always pretty simple and come out looking SO delicious!

@ maddiegoetzzzzz

Food hacks galore! Ms. Maddie Goetz is so unapologetically herself and it literally brings me joy to watch her videos. She demonstrates a variety of funky and wacky ways she eats traditional foods, life hacks, and how to make traditional takeout meals like Mcdonalds way more fun and enjoyable.

@mxriyum

Mariam’s page has all the food recipes and inspo you could ever need—and she makes it look so easy too. While I may not make all the recipes she posts, it is so relaxing to watch somebody make a beautiful meal so calmly and perfectly. If you are interested in making her awesome recipes, she offers a wide variety from ‘dupes’ of well known restaurant chains to delicious fall-themed desserts. Currently, her Thanksgiving-themed recipes are giving me life!

No matter what side of TikTok you’re on, it’s important to pay attention to your relationship with food and overall health—maybe fill up some of your time with new recipes.

Anna Arriaga

Emerson '24

Hey! My name's Anna (sometimes Annie) Arriaga and I'm from the pastelito-filled land of Miami, FL. I'm currently studying in Boston, MA at Emerson College, majoring in Business of Creative Enterprises with a minor in Narrative Nonfiction. I'm a food blogger and writer with a particular affinity for all things dessert, Ben & Jerry's and MilkBar being my two go-to's.
Emerson contributor