This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
The Bride’s Yellow Jumpsuit, Kill Bill Vol. 1

When you’re off to get revenge on your greatest enemies, you want to have a kick-ass outfit to do so. The Bride’s yellow outfit is one of the most iconic outfits in film, playing off of Bruce Lee’s iconic outfit to pay homage to the genre. This outfit is so awesome because it’s monochromatic, making the Bride stand out from her enemies, who are dressed in all black. Plus, it’s just really cool to have a matching sword with your revenge outfit. 

Veronica’s Wardrobe, Heathers

Veronica Sawyer, played by Winona Ryder, in the 1989 film Heathers is a fashion icon for the ages. Veronica’s outfits remain my favorites in film, paired perfectly with my love for blue, which is her signature color. Her whole wardrobe works together so well; each outfit is unique yet still blends together as a whole vibe that Veronica fits into. These outfits just scream 80s, but somehow Veronica has never gone out of style.

Hermione’s Yule Ball Gown, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Hermione’s gorgeous pink gown is one to remember for the ages. She comes down the stairs looking like a princess in a moment that marks a standout moment in the Harry Potter series. As a student at Hogwarts, we often see Hermione in her plain uniform, so this transformation really had everybody stunned. The Yule Ball scene is one of the most fun in the series, where the Hogwarts students experience the highs and lows of getting ready for a school dance, and this outfit is the most memorable moments of the Harry Potter wardrobes.

Leia’s Hoth Outfit, Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back

This outfit is the perfect balance of functional and stylish, unlike the iconic bikini from Return of the Jedi, which can be labeled as sexist and created for the male gaze. Her all white monochromatic outfit marks a style that Leia would not live down, while also being ready to battle at any moment. My favorite part of this look is her hairstyle, which I have often recreated since I was a young girl.

Sharon Stone’s Wardrobe, Casino

Sharon Stone plays Ginger in Martin Scorsese’s 1995 film Casino. There are dozens of great things about this movie, but one of the best things are Ginger’s outfits. Even before she was spoiled with the riches of Sam ‘Ace’ Rothstein (Robert DeNiro), she arrives into the movie with an iconic look. When Ace first sees Ginger, he instantly falls for her, which is no doubt in part because of her impeccable style. 

Gillian Anderson is a journalism major at Emerson College. She's interested in film and loves writing about movies. Gillian's favorite movie is Good Will Hunting and her favorite director is Quentin Tarantino.
Emerson contributor